Thursday 15 September 2011

Thursday post. The sun is shining and did I have any choice over getting a brain injury and reaffirming my status as an outsider

I got up this morning and couldn't find my glasses. They may be misplaced, or I could have lost them through vanity. I do remember yesterday evening over the grassland at stopsley with Buster, taking them off when I saw a woman without glasses and found her attractive. People like people like themselves. Maybe they fell out of my pocket. Maybe I put them down here before going to bed last night and they will turn up. Its of little importance, compared to my first wife killing herself and giving me a brain injury, then my second wife having an affair with one of my lodgers and running away to set up home with him! Now I know why Jesus wept. We love them all. We cant just love those who love us. We have to love those who even kill us and it it does break our hearts. Yet authentically live our lives to the full, it has to be done.
Its just dawned on me. The first paragraph had nothing at all to do with the title. Okay it did have a tenuous link, but I wont point it out as you may think I am pointing out the obvious. Why should I care what you think! Because I believe we are all one and those that haven't yet become enlightened need help at times along the way. It can be a long road for some. I know that I get weary at times. I don't revitalize myself with Pepsi Cola, I look outside of my self for inspiration to take part in a wonderful day. It was a bit embarrassing for me just now. I decided to stand up and jump up and down, whilst shouting, " Hey, today is going to be a great day." Buster who is lying sublime on the floor, just opened one eye, as if checking I wasn't going to go from strange to violent. The tone of my voice should have told him that. When I said Buster was lying on the floor sublime, that didn't mean the sublime as in he changed from solid to vapour. Though that would be a good trick if he could do it. Only though if he could change back again!
I had better push on and get this on the net, as I have to be at church for our Thursday morning communion service. The following I am sharing as a piece of art I came across this morning at just the right moment when it could have a transforming effect in my countenance and our day.
******************************************************************************
The following is by Paulo Coelho
Every day. God gives us, as well as the sun,
a moment when it is possible to change anything
that is causing us unhappiness,
The magic moment is the moment when
a `yes` or a `no` can change our whole existence.
Every day, we try to pretend that we do not see
that moment, that it does not exist,
that today is the same as yesterday
and that tomorrow will be the same too.
However, anyone who pays close attention to
his day will discover the magic moment.
It might be hidden in the instant
that we put the key in the door in the morning,
in the moment of silence after supper,
in the thousand and one things
that appear to us to be the same.
This moment exists, a moment in which
all the strength of the stars flows through us
and allows us to perform miracles.
BY THE RIVER PIEDRA
I SAT DOWN AND WEPT

No comments: