Sunday 4 September 2011

EVENING POST Latest artwork painting finnished

Yep, its` love` in Chinese on a peace of found slate.
What I like about it is if you take the top character away, it becomes ` friend `.
..............................
Absence of attachment to
sense-objects is
liberation; desire for
sense-objects is bondage.
Understand this fact,
and then do as you please.
ASHTAVAKRA GITA
Hindu scripture
.................................
I cant commit to doing at least one artwork every day at the moment, but believe me you, I shall live trying. My son is in the bathroom painting a walking stick and he has just shouted, `Dad, finnished`. Well that took awhile, as he had got rather a lot of paint out. His stick is amazing. He hasnt decided if its finnished. Mine definatly arnt and are on the washing line to dry, before adding more.
.....................................................................................
Here is someone I havent heard of until today. (OR IF I DID I FORGOT) Paramahansa Yogananda. Apparently he is widely recognised as one of the great spiritual figures of the twentieth century. His Autobiography of a Yogi is a classic ( I havent read it yet, so if anyone can lend me a copy!) I could always look on the internet for a copy.
Anyway I must go and spend some more time with The buster and Harry. Toodle Lou. Lou Reed says take a walk on the wild side.
Your bro Peter

No comments: