Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ash wednesday. Been to church(no photo) back over the park with Buster (photos)


A good day to you. Buster is just about to run into a heart in the photo above and I bet if you were to spend some time then he would also run into yours, as would I. Not because I am special, but because I am dead to this world and Christ lives in me.  God is so special, He can transform wretches like me into saints who love you. Yet not only love you, but love our enemies. I wish people could get it and I know a lot of you do. So, really that was maybe a silly wish, only God knows.

I changed my painting at church and put the latest one on the easel.

Now my brothers and sisters 21st feb we can remember the Saints and Martyrs of Africa

  During the last hundred years many Christians in Africa have died for their
  faith. One of these was Archbisop Janani Luwum of Uganda who was
  killed in 1977 while in the hands of the security forces of Idi Amin.

The preaching of both churches, Anglican and Catholic, now became more direct. `Uganda is killing Uganda,` Janani told the men at the police barracks at Nsambya during an official visit at the end of August. `We look to you to uphold the laws of our land. Do not abuse this privilege.` Afterwards some thanked him for speaking so openly, and showing them so clearly their responsibility. But others were
afraid that his words would annoy the President , whose anger might fall on them.
  Janani continued to attend government functions. `Even the President needs friends,` he would say. `We must love the President. We must pray for him. He is a child of God.` He feared no one but God who was the centre of his life. But his wish that the Church of Uganda should have a guiding influence upon the government mislead some people, who complained that he lived a comfortable life and was on the government side. When the Archbishop met one of his critics in Decamber, he made clear the truth. In words that proved prophetic, he told him: `I do not know for how long I shall be occupying this chair. I live as though there will be no tomorrow. I face daily being picked up by the soldiers. While the opportunity is there, I preach the gospel with all my might, and my conscience is clear before God that I have not sided with the present government, which is utterly self-seeking. I have been threatened many times. Whenever I have the opportunity I have told the President the things the church disapprove of. God is my witness.`  

Prayer for the acceptance of God`s will
O Lord, I know not what to ask of thee. Thou alone knows what are my true needs. Thou lovest me more than I myself know how to love. Help me to see my real needs which are concealed from me. I dare not ask either a cross or consolation. I can only wait on thee. My heart is open to thee. Visit and help me, for thy great mercy`s sake. Strike me and heal me, cast me down and raise me up. I worship in silence the holy will and thine inscrutable ways. I offer myself as a sacrifice to thee. I put all my trust in thee. I have no other desire than to fulfil thy will. Teach me how to pray. Pray thou thyself in me. Amen.
                                                 METROPOLITAN PHILARET OF MOSCOW  

One of the things I focus on strongly in that prayer is `Pray thou thyself in me.` Like Metropolitan Philaret, I surrender my all to God. I give in to His power and so let His will be done.

Have a good day my brothers and sisters. I am off in the stormy rain to get supplies, if there is money in my bank account for such as I require. Good day to you. Peter  
    

No comments: