Sunday 12 February 2012

It is 5.11am here in Luton on sunday. Its not saturday here.

Good day folks. My sons are fast asleep in bed. I say `fast`, but am not sure if what we don't realise we are saying when we use that word, is , not eating or drinking! What other meaning of `fast` could it mean? It cant be fast as in movement. Yet of course I know there may be one which is blindingly obvious to you and you are saying, " Peter, what a plonker you are." How could it be be blindingly obvious to you. Well I know that one. If you are playing blind mans buff in a farm yard and stumble into the manure heap, then its blindingly obvious where you are. That reminds me of a saying. "If life keeps dumping manure/shit on you, then try growing roses.
I got up this morning and cant locate my glasses. I believe that last night I took them to bed with a book to read and so they may be in the bedroom somewhere. As the boys are in there asleep I am unable to put the light on and have a good hunt.

The search for wisdom is a great challenge, to act on wisdom is an even greater challenge.

Charity may begin at home, but if it goes no further its no longer charity. Its clan loyalty.


If you cant swim, don't blame the water. P G Kimble

After borrowing and reading a book called Zen and Christianity, I looked up the subject on the Internet. Coming as I did to the place which rendered the following, at anweald  .co.uk

Interestingly enough, the person who created this site - not unlike me - started off their religious life in I believe the Church of England, but dont quote me on that. I have no idea if like me, after exploring Buddism they ended up doing the full circle back to Christianity! For enlightened ones, we are all one and so its not that important if we tell others we are non believers, muslims, jews, jains, sun worshippers, or hindus. At the centre of all is the creative force of love, which was in existance before there were people to name it.

the end    The point of life is to be made in heaven as individuals, as groups of individuals &in creation as a whole.
the start  That we are "made in the image of God", which means "being in heaven", "uniting with God", "being yourself", "being whole", "being holy" all means the same thing, and that is meant to be realized here and now.
And that Jesus is our best example of a human being in heaven, though He cant be unique in that else theres no point in following Him!
the way increasing your ability to love - in the Christian sense of not being that which stops others being their real selves - is also a path towords being your own real self - in the zen sense that being your real self is not just being dependant on things that arent really you - which in turn is a pathe towards being in Heaven in the Christian sense.

Okay my brothers and sisters. Its 6.05 am and I am going to make myself a decaff coffee and then go back to bed for some prayer and meditation. As both boys anf me were sleeping on my double matress which is on a platform nearly five feet off the floor, I will not risk the possibility of waking them and shall go to there room. Buster sleeps on the bottom bunk of their bunkbed as they no longer use it and so I shall go to the top. You all have a good day. Go in peace and know you are loved. Your brother Peter

No comments: