Wednesday 15 February 2012

Happy valentines day. Still no camera. No still camera. Yet imagination enhanced!

So if there is someone special whom is aware, or wishes that I ought to be declaring my undying, unfettered and awesome love, then you have it in bucketfuls. (It would help for me to know who its going to, as once it leaves me, thats it, I cant see where it goes!)     The smart thing would be to let me know in a way I couldnt mistake for just being friendly!  

We are not who our parents see us, or want us to be.

We are not who strangers see us to be.

We are not usually who our ego`s convince ourselves we are.

We are, constantly changing, ever evolving, spiritual beings having a male/female human experience!


Should you find yourself the victim of other peoples bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities;
Remember, things could be worse. You could be them!!!

So good day to you my brothers and sisters. Around two weeks back I was at Kate my art therapists and declared I was going to have to give up drinking, as it wasnt a good role model for my two sons. Also their stepdad had to drink everyday, so I thought it would benefit me to be the one who didnt.
After looking at the AA website I realized I fitted the criterea of the label alchoholic. In the AA - Ive been to two meetings in the last week - they have a book called `The Big Book` I may purchase a copy when I have the funds, but for now looking at it on the internet suffices. I copied the following out of it.
Oh and proberbly the preceding sentence to this paragraph.

It relieved me to find out that in alcololics the will is amazingly weakened when it comes to combating liquor, though it often remains strong in other respects.
  I had always believed in a power greater than me & mankind. I simply had to believe in a Spirit of the universe, who knew neither time nor limitation. A God personal to me, who was love, was forgiveness and also in superhuman strength and direction. Faith has to work twenty-four hours a day in and through us, or we perish.

Although I copied the above from what someone else wrote in The Big Book, in a way I was the person who wrote it. In the bible a quote I meditate on often is, I no longer live yet Christ lives in me.

Have you heard the saying, `There but for the grace of God go I.` I am ashamed to say, but happy to share that I once was that wretch and also the fool that rushed in where angels fear to tread. Glad to say that my feet are now planted on the right side of the tracks. Grounded. Centred. Totally given up control of my life to the higher power. Oh its a state of both excitement and calm. I suppose that what being centred is. I am still osolating in the middle, yet glad not to be shooting out to an extreme. The thing we are able to do better when realize we are all one body, is forgive each other and just as importantly ourselves. We acknowledge this is not a perfect universe, but it works fine and thats how we must accept each other and ourselves. So my brothers and sisters, this is part of you saying Om Shalom and Amen for now.
Peter the peserverour. (no idea if that is spelt right as my spell checker isnt working.)           

No comments: