Thursday 16 February 2012

Prayer for the begining of the day

Good day to you my brothers and sisters. Lets start with the prayer to see in this day!

To thee, O Master that lovest all men, I hasten on rising from sleep; by thy
mercy I go forth to do thy work, and I pray to thee: help me at all times, in
everything;  deliver me from every evil thing of this world and from every
attack of the devil ;  save me and bring me to thine eternal Kingdom. For
thou art my Creator, the giver and provider of everything good; in thee is
all my hope, and to thee I ascribe glory, now and ever, and to the ages of
ages. Amen 
                                               Attributed to St Macarius of Egypt


                                             Blessing of the Kindling

              I will kindle my fire this morning
              In presence of the holy angels of heaven,
              In presence of Ariel of the loveliest form,
              In presence of Uriel of the myriad charms,
              Without malice, without jealousy, without envy,
              Without fear, without terror of any one under the sun,
              But the Holy Son of God to shield me.
                   Without malice, without jealousy, without envy,
                   Without fear, without terror of any one under the sun,
                   But the Holy Son of God to shield me.
                 
              God, kindle thou in my heart within
              A flame of love to my neighbour,
              To my foe, to my friend, to my kindred all,
              To the brave, to the knave, to the thrall,
              O Son of the loveliest Mary,
              From the lowliest thing that liveth,
              To the Name that is highest of all.
                                                                  
                                                                              CELTIC PRAYER

My modern off the cuff text prayer;
                                   U r my 1&only. LUL  3>1 sos
I am sure one of you can do a lot better than that! Something for you to think about. Ponder on. Mull over in your noggin.
                                          
                                             ************************************
         
                                                                            
In one hour and a bit, I shall be driving around to pick up my mother and we shall go to our Thursday morning communion service, at All Saints, here in Luton.

My sister is down from Sheffield and has offered to take Buster to his dog training class in Milton Keynes,  so I can go to another aa meeting tonight. I must try if I say something, not to repeat what I said on a previous occasion. Apart from, "My name is Peter and Im an alchoholic".

Also my sister has brought down my fixed camera, which is great. Also because she has fixed it up for us to go and visit Turvey monastary tomorrow, so I can have a talk with a monk there.
In the the words of Tiny Tim in a Charles Dickens novel, "May God bless us, everyone." ttfn Peter  

No comments: