Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tuesday. I do like the Rolling Stones song `Ruby Tuesday` but...........

Good day my brothers and sisters. How often do we get stumped by that `but`! EXCLAMATION MARKS RHETORICAL QUESTION. On this occasion. Apparently, I am informed that using capital letters when txtng is rude as it is regarded as shouting. Well okay, I was going to ramble on a bit here, but will stop before I forget what the blog title refers to.
Ruby Tuesday, is a track Id listen to a lot in the eighties whilst incarcerated in Broadmoor Special Hospital. Love the tune - can see hear it in my imagination - but cant remember the words, or what they are about.
This got me to thinking about how people in general don't want to be thought of as at all like sheep; yet just as one sheep jumps over an imaginary obstacle, so others follow. Want to see this in action on a mass scale then look at footage of the Nurenberg rally. People may tell you that they are not influenced by advertising, or peer group pressure. I am not a cynic, but a realist. Big companies would not spent millions of  Dollars on it if it had no effect.

REALITY CHECK
Coca Cola is not the real thing. Nope, indeedy not. No way. Its just a flavoured sugary drink. OH, but its better than Pepsi cola. If I hear that sort of talk, then I hit the ground praying for the salvation of this human race. Race. Gotta win the race . Race war. War against the machine.
Silver machine. Hawkwind.
Hawkwind.
Rock band.
Rock.
My name is Peter and yep I am the rock. Move over Dywane and make way for the real thing. Cos man, I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me. Say whatever negative things you want do to us, we will keep coming back. You can throw us to the lions in Rome. Or behead us like you did to John the Baptist. We are just gonna keep on coming back loving you. Remember the song, "All you need is Love". What happened to John Lennon! Where did he go? America. No we love ya really. Not sure about Bill Rielly or the space race. Is that over. When I lived in the Philippines I had a very good american friend from Texas, called Micheal Morgan. He was a Vietnam vets, yet in his sixties and was a bit dissillusioned with the whole materialistic America is the greatist country in the world  thing. When he died I believe I was the only white man at his funeral.
My Master Jesus gave me a great example to follow, when He washed His disciples feet. This is God incarnate, who came to earth to be born in an outhouse. A stable! Yep, thats right, a place to house animals. I got respect for the Buddha who was born a wealthy prince and renounced his privaleged life to seek enlightenment. Christ though. Jesus came down, descended from Heaven, to be sought after when a babe to be killed by Herod. That was not His time to die. Nor later in the market place, when people mobbed together to get Him, but He slipped away. At the end, the human in him didnt want to die, but He submitted to His/our Father in Heaven and said, "Not Mine, but Your will be done." Amen.
You can call me an idiot. You can call me braindamaged. You can call me late for lunch. But never call me an unbeliever, or I will hit, yes I will hit the ground praying for you. Peace and love to all beings. TTFN Your brother Peter. (Maybe not yet quite the rock, but a pebble. But not, I repeat NOT stoned!)  Sober , but not complacent!    
       

No comments: