Friday 24 February 2012

Fish on Friday; The chainsaw and the cross

Good day my brothers and sisters. I have misplaced my wooden cross, but does it matter if I don't wear it. Not really, as its our behaviour which denotes to others  how spiritual or enlightened we are not our dress code.  (Though of course the unenlightened will tend to judge by appearances and may not notice and angel in their presence!) That is more mans need for control over others. I was going to use my chainsaw to saw up some wood for my sister Viv, but couldnt start it. The cord one pulls to turn the engine over has just about broken and so I have given up on it for the time being!

I rang my bank earlier and talked to a Hindu lady by the name of Archana. That's a lovely name, though I do not know the meaning. My guess would be, blessed by angels, but thats the artist in me.  Okay I am not saying i don't want to receive the hundreds of prayer requests which I go though from my email address at `theartistpgk@talktalk.net` but that part of me that hasn't completely transcended this physical world would like to entertain the possibility of a third serious relationship in this present life. Having said that, I must put my faith in the power of that which is greater that the wisest human, to judge what is the best conclusion to this temporary existence. (hmm, just wonder if there is a relationship between the words temporary and temporal?

                                     Meditation for the Day
I will have faith, no matter what may befall me. I will be patient, even in the midst of troubles. I will not fear the strain of life, because I believe that God knows just what I can bear. I will look to the future with confidence. I know that God will not ask me to bear anything that could overcome or destroy me.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may put this day and night in the hands of God. I pray for faith, so that nothing will upset me or weaken my determination to stay sober and on watch.

May the love of God which passeth all understanding be with you now and always. Your Bro Peter.

No comments: