Thursday 9 February 2012

Good day my brothers and sisters. Its fish on Friday

Hope that you are well in the holistic sense, or are at least like me and are well under way getting there. It will be wonderful when the time comes with a smile and we can say, thank God, I have arrived.

Last night I went to a big AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) meeting at Quaker House, here in Luton. My first impressions were, thank God for this organisation. As there were around a hundred or so people there, it had quite an impact on me. If we think of the number of people who accept that drinking is a problem and are trying, hopefully with success, to beat it; then how many are carrying on oblivious.

That's my problem, I should say our problem. As we are in this together; this world and period of time.

                             time keeps on changing into the future

I hear someone saying, `Its not my problem.` Well my friend, we can ignore stuff, but it doesn't make it go away. Everything is linked in one way or another. I remember about fifteen years or so ago, I went on holiday with a sister and our parents to Jersey, in the channel Islands. I got talking to a lady on the beach, who had a disabled child and his father had left them, or not.     I cant remember that bit, yet funnily enough I am able to recall that she was topless. Strange what one can remember. Well not really when you understand memory and the brain! Which reminds me of something amazing. On the computer last night I saw an ape who's memory and recall could beat almost any human. It was given after training, just a fraction of a second - something like 1/6 of a second to remember, like eight numbers and it done wonderful. The numbers flashed on the screen so quick I couldn't take them in at all. Okay, I want to get back to the topless woman on the beach. This was probably within a year or so of my wife dying and me getting the brain injury. Anyway, she told me her name , I`d forget it and mention that this was because of my head-injury and could she tell me again. After a few times, she said, "Peter, where are we?" I replied that we were on the beach. "What are we sitting on, on the beach?" So now some fifteen years or so later, yep I can recall her name, Sandy Beach. NO, only joking. It was, or still is, Sandy. Oh yes on talking I found out that not only, like me, did she come from England. She came from Leighton Buzzard and knew who my cousin Andy Kimble was. Small world, we agreed.
Okay, now for anybody who is waiting for the Fish on Friday bit, its coming up after I make myself a coffee. Not perhaps a lovely cup of coffee, but at least a reasonable one! Decaf did someone inquire? Yes. I limit the caffiene to when I feel I need its effect/ability to stop me falling asleep. For instance before going to church. Joke lang. (do you notice the filipino word creeping in there and showing that a bit of my heart is pinoy!)               

Its just coming up to 6.30am and a bird is singing in the day. Okay, that was a nice distraction.


                                 FISH ON FRIDAY

I believe it was my sister  vivienne who for a birthday or Christmas present, gave me the book Thomas a Kempis, The Inner Life. How good it is on helping me further my spiritual journey.




    Took a break there to go over the park with Buster and the sled.
    Am obviously back. So back to Thomas a Kempis.       


                                                   CHAPTER 42

                        A Warning against Vain and Worldly Learning

CHRIST.  My son, do not allow fair phrases and subtle sayings to beguile you;
for the Kingdom of God comes not by words, but by My power. Pay attention to My words, for
they fire the heart and lighten the understanding, foster contrition and bring all comfort.  Never study in order to appear more wise and learned; study rather to overcome your besetting sins, for this will profit you more than will the grasp of intricate problems.
  When you have read and mastered many subjects, always return to this fundamental truth: that I am He who teaches man knowledge, and who grants My children a clearer understanding than man can impart. He whom I teach will swiftly gain wisdom and advance far in the life of the spirit. But those who seek curious knowledge from men, and care nothing for My service, will discover only sorrow. In due time Christ will come, the Teacher of teachers and Lord of Angels. He will hear the lessons of all; that is, He will examine each man`s conscience. He will search jerusalem with lamps; the hidden things of darkness will be brought to light, and the tongues of controversy silenced.
  I am God, who enable the humble-minded to understand more of the ways of the everlasting Truth in a single moment than ten years of study in the Scools. I teach in silence, without the clamour of controversy, without ambition for honours, without confusion of arguement. I teach men to despise earthly things, to find this present life burdensome, to seek eternal things, to shun honours, to endure injuries, to place all trust in Me, to desire nothing but Myself, and to love Me ardently above all things.
  There was once a man who loved Me very dearly, who learned My divine secrets, and spoke eloquently of Me. He profited more by renouncing everything than by studying subtleties. For some I speak on everyday affairs; to others on particlar matters; to some I graciously reveal Myself in signs and symbols, while to those who are enlightened I reveal My mysteries.
   A  book has but a single voice, but is not equally profitable to all who read it. I alone am the Teacher of truth, the Searcher of man`s heart, the Discerner of his doings, and I give to each man as I judge right.
                                           ************************************
Well my brothers and sisters, thats it for now. I bid you a good day and a good weekend. Go in peace to serve others with  loving hearts and restful minds. Your brother in Christ Jesus, Watchman Kimble

   

No comments: