Friday 3 February 2012

FISH ON FRIDAY

Good day my brothers and sisters. To follow on from yesterday, where in my art therapy session I talked about my drinking and acknowledged having an addiction. So yesterday I didn't have a drink and that was good. I know from previous times, that when I go a few days or a week or two without drink, I start to get a lot more positive and creative. So then comes the guilt , that I dont deserve to achieve great things. So as its me who has been holding my life back, its also been me who has been going forward. The art therapy sessions, which thanks to my sister for finding Kate the therapist, have been funded out of my own pocket. These I have been going to more frequently the last couple of months. Also I started having some one and a half hour sessions. Now at a cost of £40 per hour and me being on income support, this ought to be one demonstration of my commitment to change for the better.
Its an holistic thing though. Like when I go over the park with Buster and almost everyday pick up a bag or two of litter. (a little differance for the good, is better than a little difference for the worse and believe me when I tell you there were past times I was worse for wear.)  We can make a difference in this world, for good or for bad and I am fighting the good fight! Not alone though. Using humble service and prayer in denial of ego, this servant with others alongside, becomes a better soul.

Daily Lights morning reading
Be strong and work: for I am with you, saith the lord of hosts. HAG. 2:4.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit. For without me ye can do nothing. - I can do all thins through Christ which strengtheneth me - strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. - The joy of the Lord is your strength.
  Thus said the Lord of hosts, let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the  mouth of the prophets. - Strengthen ye the week hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are fearful heart, Be strong, fear not. - The Lord looked upon him, and said, go in this thy might.
  If God be for us, who can be against us? - Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not.
 Let us not weary in well doing: For in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
 If I receive the photos of my work at Kates today, then I will edit this post and put some on.    

"The work of the Church in the world," says Patmore, " is not to teach the mysteries of life, so much as to persuade the soul to that arduous degree of purity at which God Himself becomes her teacher. The work of the Church ends when the knowledge of God begins." Thus in spite of persistent efforts to the contrary, there will always be an inner and an outer Church: the inner Church of the mystics who know, the outer speaking - upon the magical plane, only knows about. The New Testament is not without its reminders that this was bound to be the case.*

* See, amongst other passages, Matt. xiii. 11, 1 Cor. ii. 6 iii, 1  

Let not steadfast Love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.  Take care and love one another. Your brother Peter

No comments: