Tuesday 14 February 2012

A blast from the past

Good day my brothers and sisters

I have been feeling a bit homesick for the Philippines, even though it was my home for only six years. (Both my sons were born there and lived their first four and five years there, or three and four, I cant remember after all this time back. something like seven or eight years back. Long enough for them to have forgotten most of the language. Umbot long.   

Perhaps its a matter of home is where the heart is, that said I ought to focus all my love in the moment where I am now!


A blast from the past

The following poem I started in Laspinas Manila in march 1999 and finished at the end nov 2002

No small change, understanding room only

Confuscious, confusion, computers.
There is so much to learn, and much to forget.
Dont stir up and keep alive sour angry thoughts,
Nor people do despise.

Im wiser tan the mouse! Remember me your brother.
Im no dog, or unwanted head louse.
Yet , its me who feeds the mouse.
Not for my pleasure
Or anyones dissdain.

Indeed for its hunger
I must feed and without question
I do give to her passion

Would I beg for time to change if
I didnt want you to like
The man I hope to be?

How do I want to live?
I cannot live a lie.
I wish my dreams to fly.

Whats past is gone
I have few recollections to give.
Just this handful of memories to pass on.
                                                        Peter G Kimble
                                      ***************************************
 
As I am entering another week of refraining from alcohol, which attending AA meetings is a big help and having a belief in a power greater than me; whom I amongst others call God and Master I shall leave you today with this.   
 
Almighty and everlasting God,
behold we approach the sacrament
of the only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
As sick, we come to the Physician of life:
As unclean, to the Fountain of mercy:
As blind, to the Light of eternal splendour:
As needy, to the Lord of heaven and earth:
As naked, to the King of glory.
                                                       St Thomas Aquinas
 
This is your brother Peter, or Pedro to those who know me in the Philippines, wishing you all a good day and blessings to you.

No comments: