Thursday 15 December 2011

My Journey back to entering The Castle with St Teresa of Avila.

AUTHENTIC CONTEMPLATION
Some of Teresa`s nuns remarked that they could remain in their states of contemplative ecstasy forever, perhaps trying to impress her with their sentiments. Her response was, "This is impossible." For Teresa, mystical experiences are spontaneous; they have a timeless feel but last only moments, they have a far longer-lasting influence.
As a result, God remains in the soul. God in the walls of your soul has a profound effect on you. For instance, you might usually find it difficult to meditate. Meditation is all about seeking God and is usually a state of mind. But once you`ve found God, the soul doesn`t see any reason to wear herself out searching for God through the intellect, for she has already found a direct route.
There`s an old Zen story of a traveler who encounters a wandering monk with a great burdem of sticks on his back. The traveler asks the monk if he knows the way to enlightenment. The monk nods that he does, so the traveler asks him, The monk immediatly drops his burden."And what happens after the enlightenment?" the traveler asks. In answer, the monk picks up his bundle and continues on his way.
As Jack Kornfield writes in After the Ecstasy, the Laundry, "We all know that after the honeymoon comes the marriage. After the election comes the hard task of governance. In spiritual life, it is th same: After the ecstasy comes the laundry. "Even after mystical union, you life next. You meditate or pray not to avoid your life or your loved ones, but to face them, to be better with them, to do better for them.
There is no place lift to go but directly into the Seventh Mansion, directly into the embrace of the divine.
Exit Prayer
I am a channel of grace. As I leave my Castle, grace surrounds me and grace protects me. I enter my life under the blessing of God and I remain open to receive guidance from my soul.
Have a good day my brothers and sisters. Its nearly 4.45am here in Luton, England. My faithful hound Buster, who like me has been up almost two hours, will enjoy going out for a run. So I had better wrap up warm, put my running shoes on and enter the affray which is today.
May God bless you and keep you in the Love which goes beyond our understanding.
Your brother Peter

No comments: