Friday 2 December 2011

The art of eliminating the impossible!

Good day to you my few ,but cherished brothers and sisters.
`How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?`
Sir Arhur Conan Doyle`s Sherlock Holmes
in The sign of the four (1889)
Tao acts like a still axis
around which the universe evolves
At times it may seem absurd to believe that what I convey from apparently different sources has much in relation to this artists blog. Or to me! But what is art, but something observed as such by an observer. Well it can be something produced with the intention of being art and yet remain unseen/unheard. I just whistled untunefully, but unfortunatly there was another living being who was a witness to this apalling sound. Buster. I didnt carry on once I noticed him as I have a great regard for our canine friends superior hearing. It did make me think of the zen question, if a tree falls over in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? Surely the answer is both yes and no isnt it. Matter can be both a particle and a wave.
What about prayer. I shall be cycling of to meet my son and then cycling back with him. Should I pray for our safe journey? What if God planned for one or both of us to join him for a wonderfull banquet and unending heavenly bliss, but he aquiesed to my prayer, which resulted in decades of misary for one or both of us here on earth. God I am starting to get depressing and so better go now and leave you with a hi di ho. Chins up and blessings be upon you. Bro Peter

No comments: