Thursday 21 July 2011

Taking a second look at things with an artist!

Greetings and my peace to you all. I came back to reflect on this picture I took some 100 metres from my humble abode and initially thought its title was `Dark night.` Now reflecting on it the realization came; its really called `Light` thats it. Its only because of the light that you will see the darkness of things which are there! Some things need the absence of light to rest in that stillness. Maybe the stilling of thoughts is part of the dark night of the soul, needed for growing spiritually.
Quote for today
Music without words means leaving behind the mind. And Leaving behind the mind is meditation. Meditation returns you to the source. And the source of all is sound. - Kabir
Between the concsious and the unconscious, the mind has put up a swing: all earth creatures, even the supernovas, sway between these two trees, and it never winds down.
Angels, animals, humans, insects by the million, also the wheeling son and moon;
ages go by, and it goes on.
Everything is swinging: heaven, earth, water, fire, and the secret onegrowing a body.
Kabir saw that for fifteen seconds, and it made him a servant for life.
****************************************************************
NOT DEAD YET
The Emperor asked Master Gudo, " What happens to a man of enlightenment after death?"
"How should I know?" Gudo repleid.
"Because you are a master, "answered the Emperor.
"Yes sir," said Gudo," but not a dead one."
I dont think it worthwile to answer a persons question to which I have no answer, with, "Go ask Gudo". Thats just the thought that comes to the artist in me.
Its raining and yet even mystics, even poor ones like me, have to take their library books back.
So bye for now my brothers and sisters of light. Your loving brother Peter.

No comments: