Thursday 28 July 2011

Today is really Thursday Post

I have been reading a book by Thich Nhat Hanh called, the miracle of mindfulness and finding it helpful in reminding me of things to be aware of - like ones breath - on this journey of enlightenment.
The old man in me is dead and is floating down the Ganges on a burning raft. The babe in me has been born and is in rapture, living in every present moment. Noticing the spider and now aware of birdsong. I am part of everything and all is part of me. The child does not have to understand how electricity is made, or cd players work, to enjoy the experience in the moment of a nursury ryme.
Im going to try as I drive to pick my mother up, be mindful of every present moment. Not have my mind on the past, or the future. Be aware of all the pedestrians and other drivers who are made in the image of God. I will be trying to keep my talking to the minimum. Have a good day.
Your brother Peter

No comments: