Monday 14 May 2012

1painting done 2day. Still wet. Different perspectives.


THE  WHOLE THING  INCLUDES  THE
WASHING AWAY OF SIN

For you my brothers and sister I didnt want to let even the paint dry. This `Art Peace` is entitled washing away the sin.  It is very like a painting that I done last week. Only brighter and also less of my control. I knew that when the outside edge was masked of using sellotape instead of masking tape, that it would likely pull some of the paper off, as it has done this before. I went ahead with this as I just gave up some of the control over what I was doing to the universe. (whenever I hear or use the word universe, for me instantly, `One Song` comes to mind. How about you?)


E = MC squared
Anyone who becomes seriously
involved in the pursuit of science
becomes convinced that there is 
 a Spirit manifest in the laws of
the universe. A Spirit vastly
Superior to that of man.

Albert Einstein


A brother questioned Abba Euprepios about his life. And the old man said, `Eat straw, wear straw, sleep on straw: that is to say, despise everything and acquire for yourself a heart of iron.
 A brother asked the same old man, `How does the fear of God dwell in the soul?` The old man said, `If a man possessed of humility and poverty, and if he does not judge others, the fear of God will come to him.`
He also said, `May fear, humility, lack of food and compunction be with you.`
  In his early days, Abba Euprepios went to see an old man and said to him, `Abba, give me a word so that I may be saved.` The other replied, `If you wish to be saved, when you go to see someone, do not begin to speak before you are spoken to.` Filled with compunction at this saying, he made prostration saying, `I have read many books before, but never have I received such teaching.` and he went away greatly edified.

Well my brothers and sisters. Its raining outside and inside the washing machine is doing its business. I just thought about Buddhists and there prayer wheels and if there could be a spiritual benefit to having a cloth with prayers embroidered on it put in with washing so as the dirty washing is cleaned by the soap and water going round and around, then so perhaps could an area around the washing machine with a prayer cloth inside going around. Just a thought I am throwing into the ring, with no hard and fast thoughts on it either way! It does sort of bring us around to the blogs title though. 

If we can smile when all around us are losing their heads, they may think us strange. Do it anyway and smile kindly upon them. For if they don't realise it, still they are blessed and its our job to give out untold, uncountable blessings. My love and blessings to you all. Peace and goodwill; pass it on.

Brother Peter
from Broadmoor to baptism

No comments: