Friday 4 May 2012

Fish on friday + some art I have been looking at this morning

Good day my brothers and sisters. I have to drive to my mothers by nine and then we shall drive from here in Luton to viisit an elderly aunt and uncle in Leighton Buzzard, or there abouts. Dont anyone tell them I called them elderly. Its not that I see everyone over eighty as elderly - me and my sons met and talked with a monk in his nineties some weeks ago and yet he didnt strike me as elderly - yet my mother and aunt and uncle do. Once again, and I cant reiterate this too often; NOBODY TELL THEM!
For those of you who dont know, Dame Julian of Norwich was or one could even see her - death where is your sting - as a Christian mystic.
DAME JULIAN  1342-1418
  She lived for more than forty years in a cell attached to the church of St
  Julian and St Edward at Conisford in Norwich.  (anyone had the thought same as I that it would be
  good to go and see it! But is it still there?   

And thus I saw full surely that it is ready to us. and more easy to come to the knowing of God than to know our own soul. For our soul is so deep grounded in God, and so endlessly treasured, that we may not come to the knowing thereof, till we have first knowing of God; who is the maker to whom it is owed. But notwithstanding, I saw that we have of our natural fullness, the desire wisely and truly to know our own soul, whereby we be learned to seek it where it is, and that is into God. And thus by the gracious leading of the Holy Ghost we shall know them both in one. Whether we be stirred to know God or our soul, both stirrings are good and true. God is more near to us than our own soul; for he is ground in whom our soul standeth, and he is the mean that keepeth the substance and sensuality together, so that it never shall depart: for our soul sitteth in God in viry rest, and our soul standeth in God in sur strength: and our soul is kindly rooted in God in endless ove. And therefore if we wil have knowing of our soul, and communing and dalliance therewith, it behoveth us to seek into our Lord God, in whom it is inclosed.

Well my brothers and sisters, in Christ and those of you yet to arrive, I must depart and do my duty of spending some hours driving my mother and trying to spend little time talking and much time in silent prayer.  Fare well today and know that you are loved.

Blessings be upon you.

Your brother, in Christ and of Buddha and all the saints, Peter.

No comments: