Tuesday 8 May 2012

His window: from an artists perspective

Peace and Soham.


What!               That's not enough!



I am sorry.
You took the time to log in and look at my website.
Soon. Well within a month or two, I shall be paying out of my meagre income to have the galleries re arranged and new paintings put on. So what will stay and what will go. Also will some of what goes get painted over? Retorical question, that is. Nothing I have posted will on my watch be painted over.
Or when I write that am I just quoting the artistic licence, which enables us to lay down a truth underneath a quilt on a bed of imagination and then slide under it and snuggle up to sleep and move far away in time and space within dreams that are as real as you reading this! You are real and you are loved. Dont question my right to tell you this, believing that I have no idea who you are. If you are human, not demon, then in my books this makes you my brother or sister. Now I ought to stipulate that we have the right and sometimes the duty to not like what our brothers and sisters do. Some individuals or infact groups of people despise others who try to feed starving people, or free captives. Others give their lives to trying to protect the rain forests from bulldozers. (I should rather see a bulldozer sleeping in a field than pushing over trees.(a line from one of my poems.)) We have rather long lives compared to all insects and most mammals, yet only if we see other species as individuals, which they dont!

So my challenge for today is to not talk verbally to another soul and just sit taking in what occurs. Just now some birdsong. Is this sensible and achievable? O if I ignore the telephone and any persons knocking on my door it is. One day, which will be like the one when my wife killed herself and left me inside our house, brain poisoned by carbon monoxide. Unwittingly awaiting the arrival of both family and police. There is an interesting book that is yet to be wrote and I am willing to co-author. Need some one else to step up to the plate. Someone who`s memory and literary skills are better than mine, but perhaps hasnt had such an eclectic life.  There is another bird singing outside now. I do not have the field of experience to name the species, but can just enjoy listening.

I shall leave you now. You who I would like to know a little about, but can accept you probably have neither the inclination nor time to share with me. Believe me when I say I wouldnt want this any other way. Life is too short to waste doing the wrong thing. The right thing is often something we cannot know until we are doing it. In a few minutes I shall be doing the right thing, meditating on some mala beads.

May you realize that you are loved and if you dont, then allow yourself to be open to this as a possibility. My love goes out to all living things. Blessings and peace from me, Peter to you and all life.          

No comments: