Friday 25 May 2012

Fish on Friday







Good day to you, my brothers and sisters. 
Peace and love to all beings. 


Some people would use photo shop to get similar to above picture. I though dont have the technical abilities to do that, but do have the imagination to hold two pieces of stain glass in front of me, for my sister Viv to take the shot!


Yesterday I was blessed, not only by having a good sessions work at the art therapy, but by finding a  Penquin Classics, THE CLOUD OF UNKNOWING AND OTHER WORKS in the Oxfam charity shop.

We my brothers and sisters who seek to be enlightened spiritual beings, must deny the flesh for it is only a transitory state of being. Yet our souls potential is beyond time and this physical existence! We, no perhaps I should say I and not speak without your authority; can be glad when in this world we suffer pain and misery. This is a way to be with our lord on the cross.

Ah, what shall I do now? Now my heart may break apart, my eyes are flowing with water. Ah, now my sweetheart is sentenced to die. Ah, now he is led forth to the place of execution on Mount Calvary. Ah, see, he is carrying his cross (in reality it was my cross he carried, not his own.) on his bare shoulders....Ah, now, sweet Jesus, they still add shame and mockery to all your misery, laughing you to scorn where you hang on the cross. My darling love, where you hung with outstretched arms on the cross, you were pity to the righteous, laughter to the wicked...

We do not know, most of us my brothers and sisters the day we will die, even one day before, for sure. Though there are some of our brothers and dare I say a sister or two, who sitting in a prison cell in America, China, or some other Godforsaken country, will know for sure when it is the day of their execution. We though if we wish to become transformed and totally live in Christ, must die today to this world. We must say that we are dead to sin and the ways of this world. This flesh hung about our soul is just a temporary vehicle to carry us around as witnesses and more importantly the hand and feet of the living Christ here on earth. I hope and pray that never again will I be heard to say, `What can I do, I am only one person.` One person lifted  a vinegar soaked sponge to Jesus who suffered on the cross for all my wrong doings.` A day or two ago I did something or said something and thought myself a sinful wretch for this deed. This made me recall the pain of a nail being hammered into Him without sin. So now writing this to you, a tear comes to my eye and I have to say, `sorry Jesus, I am truly sorry. Please forgive me. Heal me and fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I may sin no more.` This will work for awhile. I shall be Christ conscious. I shall no longer live, yet Christ will live in me. Then as I travail about this fallen world, a snare shall entrap me and I will once again fall from grace. The battle though is a worthy cause. We must rouse ourselves each day, shouting out, `I am in the battle to win.` Today is a new day. As it was yesterday, here in Luton. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. Its as if I hear God my heavenly father saying out loud, though to himself, yet overheard by angels. Ah, what shall We send the way of Peter today to test him force him to abandon all self worth and self reliance and trust in Our Holy Spirit. Not the big one, for that he is not ready and will charge into a fiery furnace and be consumed by flames. Today he must do good works and contemplation and be satisfied, for all comes from me.

So I have just been in quiet contemplation. When I had emptied my mind of its own thoughts, three word which I recall from a Beatles song came to mind, Let it be! I will be going to play this in a moment on youtube, but more importantly I felt that God was conveying to me without the use of words that I should let him be the director or my actions and thoughts. So I must kill this habit of constantly thinking, what should I do now. Or, whats the best thing for me to do now. There must be no me.  Too many people who set out on the path of being holy teachers fail, because their ego grows in size as the number their followers increase. This is not there own doing, but the way in which the dark forces deals with that from which it perceives a light shining upon it! Well watered little seedlings will not wither in the sunlight, but will shoot up towards the source. That which seeks to destroy this new growth will have to cover it with total  darkness until all hope for that new life is abandoned. I suppose this is while it has been called by those who have gone before us, the dark night of the soul. Still we can be encouraged even by the darkness. Saying to ourselves, do you will God, we believe you will use us in this time for your good will!
It is coming up to 9.30 am and so I shall leave you now to start the day with the prayer of St Dennis.
Everlasting Wisdom without beginning, who are in yourself the First Cause transcending all being, the transcendent Godhead and the transcendent Good, the inward beholder of the divinely created wisdom of Christians: I beseech you to raise us to a capacity that accords with the transcendently unknown and transcendently shining height of  your dark, inspired utterances, where all the secret matters of theology are concealed and hidden under the transcendently shining darkness of wisest silence, making that which is transcendently bright shine transcendently in the secrecy of the greatest darkness; and, in a way that is always invisible and intangible, transcendently to dill all those souls that do not rely on intellectual sight full of supremely beautiful brightness.
 And because these matters are beyond understanding, I desire with love beyond understanding as best I can to gain them for myself with this prayer.
This is a clear lesson to me that I will never be able to pull myself up by my own bootstraps, so to speak! So if I were to have even the smallest faith in myself, then I am denying a space for God to fill!
Be cheered by our God being a good God and knowing that its all going to turn out alright in the end.
Leaving you in the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Your bro in Christ, Peter.           

No comments: