Thursday 3 May 2012

Good day from Luton and Caddington!



Good day my brothers and sisters. All the pictures above were taken in the grounds of a church in Caddington, a little village on the outskirts of Luton. Here in Bedfordhsire. England. Earth. The Milky Way.
I went there this afternoon to take my mother to her hairdressers. Now I did take a photo of her with her hair done nicely, but as it was taken after the above photos, I thought it not best to post it underneath these.
I met this friendly boxer dog, whom as I didnt write down the name I forgot. She was with a friendly lady whom I didn't think it right to ask the name of, but I did tell her the name of my website encase she wanted to see the photo.
I had to pull some grass up to see who the full writing on Thomas Crawley`s tombstone.
The headstones in the top photo have all but dissapeared back to the ground!

The 1st of May I remembered St Philip and St James

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father"  (John 14.9)

When Plato says that it is `difficult to see the Maker and Father of the universe`, we Christians agree with him. And yet he can be seen; for it is written, `Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God` (Matt. 5.8) Moreover, he who is the image of the invisible God has said, `He who has seen me has seen the Father.`
  No one of intelligence would claim that Jesus was here referring merely to his physical body which was visible to everyone. No: he meant that he is the only-begotten divine Son of God, the `first-born of all creation` (Col. 1.15), the Word made flesh; and so anyone who sees the image of the invisible God will in this way come to know the Maker and Father of the universe.
                                                                                                                ORIGEN



The 2nd of May I remembered St Athanasius The Great   c.296-373

Archbishop of Alexandria for forty-five years, he defended the full divinity of Christ against the Arians, who regarded our Lord as less than true and perfect God. He also played a decisive part in the growth of Egyptian monasticism. The following extract is taken from his best-known work, On the Incarnation of the word.

Through death immortality has come to all, and through the incarnation of the Word God`s universal providence has been made known, together with him who is the giver and artificer of this providence, God the Word himself. For he became man that we might receive an idea of the unseen Father; and he endured humiliation at men`s hands that we might inherit incorruption. In himself he was in no way injured, for he is impassible and incorruptible, the very Word of God; but he endured these thins for the sake of suffering men, and through his own impassibility he preserved and saved them. In short, the victories achieved by the Saviour through his incarnation are so great and so many that, if one wished to describe them, it would be like gazing across the open sea and trying to count the waves.

                                    *************************************************

                                                                  Prayer

Christ has no body now on earth but yours. No hands but yours.
      Yours are the feet with which he is to go about doing good.  
Teresa of Avia (1515-1582)  

Fare well today my brothers and sisters. To those of the Cross and those of other faiths. To those with no faith (except I hope you keep a faith in gravity, lest you float off into outer space).  Ponder my saying, `God loves atheists, but he is not sure about agnostics.`   

Peace and love to all beings from your Brother Peter 


No comments: