Friday 14 June 2013

Fish on Friday a bird in the sky, the sky and photos of my painting + the cloud of unknowing!

Good day to you my beloved brothers and sisters. 
I would like to share with you today, photos of my latest painting and aspects of it. Also some photos of clouds I took from my window and first a chapter from;

 `THE CLOUD OF UNKNOWING`  
Chapter 63

Consciousness in itself is a faculty of such a thing that, so to speak, it has no proper activity of its own. But reason and will are both active faculties, and so is imagination and also sense-perception. Consciousness contains and embraces within itself these four faculties and their activities, and it cannot be said to be active unless that containing is an activity. This is why I call some of the soul`s faculties principal and some secondary: Not because the soul is divisible, which cannot be so, but because the objects on which its faculties work are divisible, some (spiritual things) being principal , and others (bodily things) being secondary. The two principal active faculties, reason and will, work entirely by themselves in all spiritual things, without the help of the two secondary faculties. As with animals, imagination and sense-perception work through the bodily senses, and on all bodily things, whether these are physically present or absent; but by them alone, without the help of reason and will, the soul can never achieve knowledge of the virtue and characteristics of bodily creatures, or of the cause of their being and creation.
   This is why reason and will are called principal faculties, because they work in pure spirit, without any kind of bodiliness; and why imagination and sense-perception are called secondary, because they work in the body by means of bodily instruments, namely our five senses. Consciousness is called a principal faculty because it contains within itself spiritually not only all the other powers but also all the objects on which they work. You can see this by experience.

               ...........................................

What is interesting to be about the above chapter, is how I read it and copied it for you to read only a few minutes ago and yet half an hour or so ago, whilst laying in the bath meditating and watching my breath I was aware that like both the clouds passing and this body ageing the only constant is the observer!
You are the observer as am I and we are one!

              ..............................................     

So now my beloved we shall look at the photos taken earlier.



    These five photos below I took holding the camera still and allowing a few seconds between shots to show how fast the clouds were moving and yet the shapes only changing slowly!





 These below were of a slightly different area of the same sky, this morning. I just like the shapes and can imaging all sorts of things.



                                              The bird is just above here ! I cant see it now, maybe it flew behind a cloud and will be back! Haha, there it is, I can see it now.





     I had wanted to share some video I took of the clouds drifting slowly along, but it was too big a file to download! 

Have a good day and know that you are loved. Please pass this blog and love on to others. P.

No comments: