Sunday 2 June 2013

Sunday and


 Sunday and going to take the boys, (my two sons) to the church their gran has attended since decades before they were born! 

I looked for a saint to share today with you and came up with this sister, whom whilst I found out what was involved in killing her



St. Blandina
St. Blandina lived as a slave at Lyons, Gaul, in the 2nd century after Christ. She was one of the illustrious company of those martyred under the emperor Marcus Aurelius. She was apprehended together with her master, who was also a Christian. She endured every torment imaginable, to the extent that the tormentors confessed that they could not think of anything else to do to her. And to every question put to her, she gave the same answer: "I am a Christian, and we commit no wrong." Brought to the arena for fresh torments, Blandina was bound to a stake and wild beasts were released upon her but refused to harm her. She witnessed the podvigs (struggles) of all her fellows, and was the last to suffer martyrdom, by being placed on a red hot grate, enclosed in a net, and thrown before a wild steer, who tossed her into the air with his horns. In this manner the great martyr of Christ received her crown.

I only have to look to the lives of Christian martyrs to see that I ought to give thanks for the sufferings in my life which are pitifully minor compared to most saints. Yet my life is not over yet, but in saying this I would not relish being tortured for my faith in the Living God!  
Onto my art, which is still drying, even though it was painted yesterday.   

Well folks I am back from church and am just gonna put on loads of photos taken by yours truly yesterday and a few of my latest painting today and then I must shoot. Spend some time with my son.

                      My reflection above. Not the alien!  Plus some of my family below. Two wonderful sons on the left. There is their gran on her mobility vehicle. If you see this old lady coming stand in her way at you peril!!





                                                    One of my great nieces whom Harry does not know how to spell her name and its no good asking me.. Okay, I will have a go.. Illa.
 









Have a good day folks and pass this on. You my brothers and sisters are so loved by me and Jesus.  Know this and pass this love on. Blessings love and peace to you and all beings..  Peter.

No comments: