Thursday 6 June 2013

The Kingdom of God within you.

The doctrine of nonresistance to force by violence. Quakers, Leo Tolstoy and I agree on this teaching by Christ.
Today I was listening to a recording of Tolstoy`s book whilst contemplating the title of todays blog.. I have been coming to regard as did it seem Tolstoy, the Quakers as perhaps the group of Christians which more than any of the others such as baptists, Roman Catholic, Protestants of many variations, as to following the true doctrines of Christ. This is why I often regard individuals of other faiths and even a few agnostics and atheists as doing as Jesus Christ would do.
 I had never before today heard of William Loyd Garrison an American who worked for the freedom of slaves.

My brothers and sisters, many of you are here now at this site because of perhaps, our thoughts and feelings being empathetic and traveling in the same direction! If I am wrong, then please just skip down to photos of my art; a tryptic which apart from me, you are the first to see.

Oh before sharing pictures of the art, I will show you the ones I took when I went with other members of the congregation on All Saints church to visit our retired vicar at their farm and farmhouse.



                                         This first one I took out of the window of the mini bus
                                          not because its a public house/bar but because of finding
                                          the stonework attractive. Those whom are acquainted
                                          with my work history will know I had a brief spell as a
                                          stonemasons labourer, with my fathers death putting an
                                          end to that.     

                                          Ann above is about to take a cake from our organist.
     
                                            Here below is father Richard, or Cannon Franklin!  

                                         These farmhouse rooms were built hundreds of years
                                          ago, when most people were under 5`6" !

                       It was pleasing to see they had placed the painting commissioned from me
                       in a prominent place. I do hope they have many happy years enjoying all they
                       have worked for and that God is with them in a wonderful retirement.

                                         Here are my mother and sisters sharing a meal. 
                                         
           Above a photo of the Franklins farmhouse and out buildings and below the house from the front.                           






                   It looks like the bell and clock tower were added as recently as six to eight hundred years ago
                   yet the original church, which you can see the bricks are much smaller was established
                   around one thousand years ago.
 
                      Above is the church the Franklins attend which the vicar kindly showed us around.
                      Most unfortunately the camera ran out of power after these two shots and so I am
                      unable to share with you the lovely interior, which the painted organ pipes stood out
                      for me.

                      The times change and I doubt that in this part of the english countryside there
                      are poor wretches who hearts will be gladdened when their eyes alighted on this sign!
                      Its the large towns and inner cities here in the United Kingdom that have food banks
                      and give a lot to those without. The salvation army still run soup kitchens and Lords
                      and ladies still attend banquets. Lets not though dwell too much on this world which
                      is passing and brief, compared to eternity. Below this photo your eyes will alight
                      upon photos of my latest painting, which apart from God then me, you are the first
                      to see. I say this because my consciousness was only aware of it yesterday when
                      I brought it into being; yet God who is both beyond time and yet also in every
                      moment we call `now`, looked upon my painting as a mother looks upon her child, with a joyful smile! Perhaps before I was even born.      
     
            


        This is a tryptic called `Moving in unity`.

I am going to go back now to listening to the recording on youtube. You are wonderful and loved, even if its hard for us at times to fully realize it. Blessings love and peace to you and all beings. You bro Peter.

No comments: