Sunday 23 June 2013



Good day my brothers and sisters.

I dont know where you are,or if you have awakened to such a glorious day as I have here in Luton!
I awoke at six and then went outside to photograph yesterdays artwork for you, in the morning sunlight.
Now, I did of course notice there were less views to the blog yesterday, when I confined to mostly to my artwork. Yet my friends this has to be done occasionally, or one is just pandering to the ego in constructing a blog to attract the most views possible and not to be true to ones ethos as an artistic spiritual being.
There would of course be a good non ego based reason for posting whatever I could on the blog to getting a mass audience. Be it provocative, shocking art and / or writing extremist or horrific articles. Such as ; Assistant film editor in Disney Studios caught having gay sex with outtakes of Bugs Bunny. Daffy Duck hangs himself.

To tell you the truth, I could go down to a paper shop and see whats on the front page selling the newspapers today, but its not worth the effort. I mean to say it must me years since I bought a `news`paper.
 
Here below is an example of what millions of people - I do hope that you guess I would definitely NOT be one of that herd, or should I say, flock of sheep - who will spend ONE POUND on this rubbish.
 
What news do we think we could get from a paper above, that
without it our lives will be sadly lacking?  NONE!!!
 
      Below is an idea of the sort of news I like to awaken to, but you would not find in this exclusionary society where film actors or footballers are more likely to be political leaders, than intellectual.   

Plato a disciple and friend of Socrates was the most illustrious 
figure of the school In fact all that we know about Socrates and 
the conditions of thought about that period are all given to us by 
Plato through his immortal Dialogues. He systematized the various 
 ideas revealed by his master, Socrates. He constructed a philosophical system according to which sense-presented experience is 
entirely different from the world of ultimate ideas which was the 
world of reality. He illustrates this' duality of human knowledge 
by his famous parable of the cave. According to this parable 
human being is but a slave confined inside a cave chained with 
his face towards the wall. Behind him is the opening through 
which all-illuminating sunshine casts shadows of moving objects 
on the walls of the cave. The enchained slave inside the cave is priv- 
ileged to see only the moving shadows which he imagines to be 
the real objects of the world. But once he breaks the chain and 
emerges out of the cave he enters into a world of brilliant light and 
sunshine and comes across the real objects whose shadows he was 
constrained to see all along. Man's entry into the realm of reality 
and realisation of the empty shadow of the sense-presented world 
is considered to be the goal of human culture and civilisation by 
Plato. Instead of moving in the ephemeral shadows of the sense- 
presented world, man ought to live in the world of eternal ideas 
which constitute the scheme of Reality presided over by the three 
fundamental Ideas-Truth, Goodness and Beauty. 
 
The one thing I would like to concentrate our minds on and also for us to bear in mind
is that people like plato understood methods that had been introduced into systems of 
government to control the masses.
 
Just as we can only see a limited section of reality with our eyes and hear a limited
range of sound frequencies with our ears. This should not keep our minds limited to
what those who try quite successfully to control the masses would have us THINK.                                                 
  
Now my brothers and sister, there is no need for me to climb
down from my soap box, I am not on one. I am an artist not a politician.
I will share the latest art produced here for you and I dont ask you to part 
with a Pound or even ten cents. Just to lend me your eyes and awareness!
 




 Please note that the painting above is on its side and my signature/infinity symbol should be at bottom right!






    One little thing I like above is the little specks of yellow ontop of the yellow. Yes the red raining down is more dramatic, but some may miss the yellow as its  lost ontop of itself! Good old yellow, I will miss that dog.
Oh he wasnt my dog, but one from a book and a film.

This reminds me about how humanity can be dulled by this world into narrow bands or fields of consciousness. People here in england and I am guessing this applies in many countries, can follow the soap operas on television and get worked up about them. Its gone as far as actors being hit for what their character has done to another fictitious character in make believe `entertainment`. Is this the opium of the masses. The Prozac of the population.      
 
e





Now my brothers and sisters its ever onward into this day, which as always we must focus
most of our attention and minds on now. Thats the now present moment which is the gift
and joy of our very being. Stay focused and if distracted, then come back to the breath!
Leaving you now, in peace and love, your bro Peter. 

No comments: