Monday 19 November 2012

Monday. Mindfulness and my art.

Good day my brothers and sisters. Yesterday our vicar,  the Right Reverend Canon Franklin retired, from our church, All Saints. We will miss him and I am especially grateful for his help to me and my sons in our spiritual journey. I pray that his wife and he have many years of wonderful retirement.

                         Prayer
Dear Father, you love that enfolds me
can never grow old or dim. In Christ
your love is centered and I am loved in
him. In him you love and glory find
their eternal rest; and in him your
believers are all so near and blessed.
          (Adapted from a hymn by A. Carruthers.)

When we are mindful and centered on pure love - which for me is God - then we have have no care for our own needs, as the love greater than our own will take care of these.
There is a saying in yoga, that the path is the destination. For me with this I agree, but have to expand on it. Jesus Christ said I am the way the truth and the life. This is a narrow way and there are many pitfalls along the way. 
Love though is my guide. Have you heard the expression, `Love is blind`? For me this is like being a carthorse that although I am being guided by God and pulling the load which he wishes me to get from birth to death; the blinkers keep my eyes ahead. So it is easier for me not to be distracted by neither lush grass, nor dogs, or ditches. In Him I trust each day and am rewarded with His love and protection.
I am not an actual carthorse. For if I was, then one of you reading this would surely want to be the manager of this amazing typing beast, who rarely makes a typing misstake! And for whom lush grass is reward enough. Alas I am not and besides, my sons dont like me smoking.

Are you whom are reading this, content? 
Is the sun shining where you are?
If yes, then be glad and rejoice. This is the day that God has made.
If not then try to be still, and it will pass!

Now I am glad to be sharing with you the art I produced for this blog and the world, yesterday.
See how the day goes, but some things remain.





    


                            
            Now my brothers and 
           sisters. What some consider a mistake. I 
           think of as trying a different path. Some
           times it leads to a better destination and
           on other occasions it will not. If we dont
           ever venture down different routes, we 
           shall never learn!   


When you or I compare this photo above with the top one what do we prefer, or dislike? Anything?
Luckily I prefer the mark making. Phew, that would be a hard one to change back.
I do not though like the black paint. So in a couple of minutes I will go and see if it can be whitewashed out of the picture!

So, to leave this blog now and you my dearest, to venture out into this wonderful day.
I pray that the love which passes all understanding will be in you and be amplified through us all this day. Blessings, love and peace to you and 
all beings. Your bro Peter.   



No comments: