Sunday 18 November 2012

Sunday and a belated Fish on Friday.

Welcome my brothers and sisters. Also to all whom are yet to realize that we are all one family in Christ

Epictetus was a non-Christian philosopher and yet listen to him: "When thou hast shut thy door and darkened thy room, say not to thyself that thou art alone. God is in thy room." Read now Paul`s appreciation of this hunger for God and this sense of His presence which are to be found among all peoples.

Ye men of Athens, in all things I perceive that ye are somewhat religious. For as I passed along, and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, "To an Unknown God." What therefore ye worship in ignorance, this set I forth unto you. The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is he served by men`s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; and he made of one every nation of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed seasons, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek God, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us; for in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain even of you own poets have said, for we are also his offspring.
                                                     ACTS 17 : 22-28.
  Consider the meaning of the fact that prayer and worship are thus universal; that all peoples do "seek God, if, haply, they might feel after Him and find Him." It is said that an ignorant African woman, after hearing her first Christian sermon, remarked to her neighbour. "There! I always told you that there ought to be a God like that." Somewhere in every man there is the capacity for worship and prayer, for the apprehension of God and the love of Him. Is not this the distinctive quality of man and the noblest faculty which he possesses? How then are we treating this best of our endowments?

  O Lord our God, grant us grace to desire Thee with our whole heart; that so desiring we may seek and find Thee; and so finding Thee may love Thee; and loving Thee, may hate those sins from which Thou hast redeemed us.  Amen
                                        ANSLEM (1033-1109)
 I like this prayer above and I being below, will after posting this blog, meditate and dwell on it and in its substance awhile. 

It is 8.45 in the morning here and is fairly quiet. And there is also a quietness within me. Although I do not know most of the people who look at my blogs, I am grateful that you do and it is one of my duties and joys to share my art with you. Also writings from others which I feel are a help to me and may be a help to you also! The town hall clock is chiming and so it tells me that my clock is set a couple of minutes ahead! 

Father Richard, who is the vicar of our church and is also a canon, will be taking his last service this morning. As he is retiring. I thank Richard and his wife Ann for all they have done in helping us as a congregation and family of God. My two sons will be wearing white surpluses over their robes this morning, as they perform their important part in the communion, as servers. There family in the Philippines, who are Roman Catholic will know this as alter boys. Same thing. They will be giving the priest the bread and the wine to be blest and made for us, the body and blood of Christ. 
The sun is coming up now and this will be a good day.

Now to post some photos of the paintings which thanks to God I was able to create yesterday.









                                                    I think the above is finished.  I didn't
                                                    believe it need any colour added, but
                                                    did put some creases into it.
                                                    As and aside, I can share that time has
                                                    put some creases into my face!
                                                    I call them `happy lines`!






                                                  These are finished.
                      I am well pleased with them. 





                                                     
                                                 
                                  This one is using the mirror effect on the camera.                
     
I am off now my brothers and sisters, to go and serve the Lord.
In peace and love.
May the love that was before all and is greater than all, be 
with you all, now and always.
 Your brother Peter. 

No comments: