Thursday 10 January 2013

Fish on Friday / Food for thought. + ART


Published 6am FRIDAY MORNING

Good day my brothers and sisters. Those of us who are a bit uneasy with the word `sin` and I count myself as one of these; prefer to think of it as separation from God/love. Which is breaking, and even this hopefully is only for a short time, our union with God. For Gods love is too powerful for us to turn away for long. So great is the attraction it cannot fail to pull us back, no matter our dreadful actions or thoughts. Free will can be a wonderful thing. Although societies usually either by consensus or totalitarian dictatorship decide for the masses things like who can consume alcohol what countries children can fight in wars. Who pays which taxes (this one usually means the people with the most pay less in percentage of their income and assets than the rest put together.) People from the Abrahamic faiths believe in just the one life; mostly. Some others, such as Hindus believe in reincarnation, which is a handy thing for those who are corrupt, lie and cheat. They get to live another life on the planet usually as either crocodiles or sharks, or snakes, but finally before incarnating as humans again, they have to be pigs! No wonder so many people have an aversion to eating pork!
(Hopefully there are not too many greedy or powerful people who would get a chance to read my blogs.) I guess, we are not the sort of people who are content to swallow what the masters hand down to us like the many who sit for hours every evening infront of televisions for our `entertainment` as we pass the days, weeks, months and years of our lives. Or are we!     
For it can only ever be a brief time, even if for some that is a lifetime in their present body. Corinthians ` For we all should know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead in our heavenly dwelling, so what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
Writing this for you my brothers and sisters recall to thoughts to my mind. Firstly these other few words from the Bible; `Death, where is thy sting.` (I was in times passed a fool who rushed into some situations and only for the grace of God am here today) and secondly my sister saying to me on the phone a few minutes ago, something like how in today's blog I revealed a bit about myself in some depth. Or something like that. I don't tell personal stuff to shock, nor to brag and will even sometimes share with people on or off the blog, things about me or what I have thought/said/actioned, which I should rather not, but feel I aught to bear it for others sake. 
I may get it wrong occasionally, and I have two young sons whom I do treasure a responsibility in their love and care. Bearing this in mind I didn't so much turn my back on the dark side of life, but turned towards the light! I don't want men to think of me as a tough guy, but for God to think of me as a tender child. With this in mind comes Saint Theresa`s Prayer.

 May today there be peace within..
 May you trust God that you are exactly where you            
   meant to be.
 May you not forget the infinite possibilities that            
   are born of faith.
 May you use those gifts that you have received
   and pass on the love that has been given to you.
 May you be content knowing you are a child of 
   God.
  Let this presence settle into your bones and allow
   your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and
   love.
  It is there for each and every one of us.

And now I shall end this spiritual aspect of today's creative blog with some verses from a Psalm. These I use as a mystics prayer in the belief that all is one and so when it refers to `me` or `rebels` it is parts of the whole.

 `Have mercy on me, God, according to Your faithful love! Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and make me willing to obey You. Then I will teach Your ways to rebels, and they will return to you. Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves; then I will joyfully sing of Your forgiveness. Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth will praise You.` I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me. 

To share with you my brothers and sisters photos of my latest painting which you are the first people after me to see and so I hope you enjoy it.











      Know that you are loved, my brothers and sisters and spread this love in thoughts words and deeds. Blessings to you. Peter.

No comments: