Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Captive Slave

This is not the proper blog for today, but due to error it is here above todays. Also the blog is not the right size, but due to my lack of computer skills I am unable to rectify this. Believe me I have tried. (thanks to my neighbour Long Tang, it has been sorted. Good man.)


Good day, brothers, sisters and those
yet to realize that we are one.  






The photo above is of Michelangelo' s 'The Captive Slave' , seemingly half-finished, shows a figure attempting to free himself from the stone. Historians interpret it as a metaphysical vision of the soul endeavoring to escape  from  matter. Others consider it a metaphor for how each of us needs to discover our true selves and destinies, which lie hidden within us, like a figure within a block of stone. 
I would say that what appears to be half - finished and apparently a figure emerging from a block of stone, may be the figure being encased and shut into a block of stone. 

No comments: