Thursday 3 January 2013

Thursday and took mum to church. Good boy, good job. + ART

Well, it is just past midday and I am only just home.
Took mum and myself to the communion service in a lower room at All Saints church. We sung, took part in the Eucharist - I am sharing two photos of with you. These are of wishing Pam a happy birthday, not the Eucharist!    
I do give a thought to those that both have to work away from home - some for a year or more at a time - also to those who have no home as such, Oh Palestine. Home though has been said to be where the heart is. As I have given my heart to Christ and see all in Him, then wherever I am is home! Nuff said. (for now, though as you will see in a little while, we come back to touch briefly on this!)

                                Pamela is eighty yrs old
                                today. Happy birthday.    


                                                    Here are photos of my recent art.





I having been giving some thought to my auntie Rita, who died at the tail end of last year and was the twin sister of my birth mother who died more than fifty years ago.
This led me first to meditate on the thought which came to me, (from these biblical words) `death, where is thy sting.` The sting is like that of a Bee. The sting is left behind and hurts after the Bee is no more! Here I would like to share with you one Buddhist viewpoint;

The first Panchen Lama said:

  When death comes it parts us from our friends and relatives
  so that we never meet them again. It completely destroys the
  chance of a reunion. There is nothing more severe than this
  Lord of Death.

As a christian (with a little `c`)  and although I do have great respect for much of the Buddhist wisdom, I part with them and their concept that I will be judged according to my past life and actions. I believe I was judged and fell short of grace before I was born into this present being, typing this now for you. Yet Christ paid with his death for my miss-deeds and so I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me. 
Yet having said this, karma could be seen as, `we reap what we sow`. For sure I do not believe the sins of the father are visited on the son in a spiritual sense. Yet we have physical inheritance due to genes and often social inheritance handed down/up from our place in birth. At our time of death this may be of no relevance, as was found on the battlefield immediately before the time of death of one of our English kings. He supposedly shouted out, ` A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!) none was forthcoming, but death.
I am hesitant to and only use the word death, because that is how many see the changing from one state to another. There are many who believe that they only have one life and yes I too have been down that road. It led to a dead end. I looked down a brighter avenue and it led me to here, now with you my brothers and sisters. So whatever  the moment brings, we know it will pass as do all things. That in us which is not a thing, or material, it is eternal.
Blessings peace and love to you and all beings.
Your bro Peter.        


No comments: