Wednesday 16 January 2013

Still frosty(see photo) new art. + today my exile.

Good day to you from a cold and frosty Luton, in England, The Milky Way.


  
Above is the view down my road. Well I say, `my road`, but I allow anyone to use it! 
Be of cheer my brothers and sisters. Smile.
As my late wife Tracy said, `A smile is just a frown turned upside down.` 



    With this work I have been slightly influenced by seeing frost on an abandoned spiders web out on
    the balcony, as well as what I have written further down!
   

                 

                     Below, I am interested in the texture, shadows and layers of colour. Same above!



 There is such a thing as exile,
an irrevocable renunciation of everything in one`s familiar surroundings that hinders one from attaining the ideal of holiness.

    Exile is:
 a disciplined heart,
 unheralded wisdom
 an unpublicised understanding
 a hidden life,
 masked ideals.
 It is unseen meditation,
 the striving to be humble.
 a wish for poverty,
 the longing for what is divine.
 It is an outpouring of love,
 a denial of vainglory,
 a depth of silence.

St John Climacus, The Ladder of
Divinee Ascxent. 3
early seventh century

Have a good day and be of good cheer my brothers and sisters. The more love we eminate the nearer we get to our journeys end. Your brother Peter 


No comments: