Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tuesday and minimal blog. Or is it. Should we hunger for more?

STOP PRESS.. First my art for those who do not require to peruse the spiritual text which I have been dwelling on today.


                     The above work which is pictured
                 on its side has been overhauled
                 and reworked, as seen below.


                                                    Here I am looking at my art with inspiration.






   
                          This is the tissue paper from the artwork
                                                     which is now wrapped into a ball and
                                                       hanging from a light. Tempary residence here. Like me! 
THINK GOOD THOUGHTS SPEAK GOOD WORDS AND DO GOOD ACTIONS.

Good day to you my brothers and sisters. Blessings  and joy be upon you. Also exaltation's (did I spell that right!)  to those who do not see this blog, yet strive to shine loves light into the darkness. Dispel gloom and depression. How do I do it. What is my spell? Spell or incantation. Spelling is also the right letters for words. Now what are the positive words to spell and or if we like, incant. I go with; " I am healthy wealthy wise, I am love incarnate." In saying this, it is possible to see all good as coming from God. I AM is also another name for God. One of my favourite verses from the Holy Bible, which I meditate on, or incant, is `I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me.` The actual verse may be slighter longer, but I adapt it for use in denying my self or ego.
Otherwise I could see others as being separate from me and existing is a slightly different universe. But no, I do see this universe as uni (one) verse (song) , I must not get self-complacent by being superior.  Otherwise, as St. Augustine remarks on the stealthy way in which pride can creep in without our noticing it, and destroy what would otherwise have been good deeds. To be intolerant of other people`s weaknesses, forgetting our own; to give way to the temptation to show people up; to fall into the self-deception of criticising in other people the faults we suffer from ourselves-sometimes it is possible to find out our own predominant failings by seeing what failings most arouse our indignation in other people - all these are ways of letting ourselves be conquered by self-complacency, and they can, in consequence, be very serious.
 And if you are thus self-complacent you will, of course, find it difficult to forgive others their trespasses. But if you are poor in spirit and meek and filled with the sense of sin, and if you have learnt to mourn in this sense also that you are ready to accept as God`s gift not only the enjoyable things   
He sends but the trying ones, and those trials in particular which come from the thoughtlessness, the ingratitude, the spite, of other people, and to accept them in the realisation that indeed you deserve nothing better, then indeed you find it easy to forgive, or rather, you scarcely think in terms of forgiving, for you do not think in terms of injuries, And in and by this mourning, too, you will be comforted; for through it you will learn to see more and more clearly and deeply the omnipresence of God, and to achieve a deeper identity of your will with His.
 This is a context in which we shall be well advised to keep our eyes open for the petty sins which, precisely because they are so petty, con be dangerous and grave. The sense of sin (or as I find it easier to comprehend, separation from God.) teaches us that we are each responsible for all, because we are a family; it teaches us to ask ourselves how far the failure of the family is due to our own failure; and it reminds us that family squabbles tend to be petty, and that just because they are petty they can be a poison in the family life. The sacrament of penance should make us humble, gay and large-hearted. To be continued, by us all.
Or is it! 

Blessings peace and love to you my brothers and sisters. Your bro Peter.






No comments: