Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy new year. Peace and love to all beings (not just human)

Before I forget, I will share with you what I am interrupting to bring this blog to you.

You tube   Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murrey
It is a reading of import for those of us who wish to shake off the old self and say I no longer live, yet Christ lives in me! I should prepare you; for if you are thinking of listening to this, it lasts for 3hrs 42mins! I have interuppted it to bring this blog to you. Do if you want to be nourished with spiritual food, listen to this recording.
 So now, before I share some art which I brought into being earlier today I will tell you what I was reflecting on earlier. Turning water into wine.
How about thinking of it as not a physical transformation, but a spiritual! Well, I havent got passed that idea yet and come to any ideas on it, but sometimes we do well not to think on a point and then thoughts will come to us.

Quote for today. We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

These words have come to me from an old Olney Hymn.

"I asked the Lord that I might grow,
   In faith, and love and ev`ry grace,
 Might more of His salvation know,
     And seek more earnestly His face.

 "Twas He who taught me thus to pray,
      and He I know has answered prayer,
  But it has been in such a way
      As almost drove me to despair.
  
  O God, forgive the poverty, the pettiness, Lord, the childish folly of our prayers. Listen, not to our words, but to the groanings that cannot be uttered, hearken, not to our petitions, but to the crying of  our need. So often we pray for that which we must win for ourselves; and then labour endlessly for that which can only come to us in prayer.
  How often we have prayed for the coming of Thy kingdom, yet when it has sought to come through us we have sometimes barred the way; we have wanted it without in others, but not in our own hearts. We feel it is we who stand between man`s need and Thee; between ourselves and what we might be; and we have no trust in our own strength, or loyalty, or courage.
  O give us to love Thy ill, and seek Th kingdom first of all. Sweep away our fears, our compromise. our weakness, lest at last we be found fighting against Thee.
Amen.
                                                W. E. ORCHARD.
 So, now my brothers and sisters, before I get back to listening to Absolute Surrender, on youtube, I shall share some photos of the painting I did earlier today. The sun is shining here now, which I now realize was lacking when I did todays painting, which is entitled, `2012 meets 2013` .






  
 Enjoy I hope and know that you are loved. Your bro Peter.

No comments: