Friday 6 April 2012

GOOD GOD ITS FISH ON GOOD FRIDAY



Good Friday to you all, my brothers and sisters. To both those of you that are in Christ and those who are only of the world. Peace and love to all beings.

So above is my latest painting. The bottom photo is just about all of it and then going up are various portions or parts of the whole that captured my attention.

In a good book I read called, Mister God, this is Anna. The main character a little girl called Anna said that we only have points of view, or different points to view from. Or words to this effect.

God on the other hand has not only all possibly points to view, but can also view them from outside of time.

I may have shared this with you you before, but one of my son`s when little said to my, "Dad, when I was born I forgot what came before!"

The painting above is an abstracted view of this universe outside and inside. Of brainwaves and sound waves. Turning things upside down. So an artist like (And I have just prayed for him, as it can be satisfying to pray for unbelievers.)   Damian Hurst (Did I spell his name right.) who is impressed and distracted by material things, may - especially as he said he has no belief in God - be dealt with on his judgement day and rewarded for his love of shiny things, by being reincarnated as a magpie. Yep that would be Karmic justice to see the creature with a little brain flying about collecting shiny things.
There you go. My God is a patient God and is letting me in on His sense of humour.
Talk about tough. Jesus went to hell and back for me. Those that don't want to see the big picture can keep their blinkers on, but that doesn't mean that all they see is all there is. I like to pray for them to become spiritual and give up their obsession with the material world. In the form they are now in, I will be surprised if their egos will be with their bodies on this earth in one hundred and eighty years. A little aside that you will not be aware of is that I have thrown a good amount of one hundred and eighties in my time on the dart board.

I am sorry, but my karma has just run over your dogma.

  I sigh sometimes when people with the ability to do so much good with their talent and wealth are lost in the material world. There`s is not the path of people like Bill Gates, who help others with great foundation.  I believe in an intelligent power, as did Albert Einstein, and that's why I like to pray for Atheists. If they don't like it then that's tough on them, as they have no god to turn to. Thomas Merton was a clever guy and a monk to boot. I say was, yet is he still existing! Death, where is thy sting.

`If we love God and love others in Him, we will be glad to let suffering destroy anything in us that God is pleased to let it destroy, because we know that all it destroys is unimportant. We will prefer to let the accidental trash of life be consumed by suffering in order that His glory may come out clean in everything we do.`    Thomas Merton

`Do not let your hearts be troubled.
  Trust in God; trust also in me. In
my Father`s house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told
you. I am going there to prepare a
  place for you. And  if I go and
prepare a place for you, I will come
  back and take you to be with me
 that you also may be where I am.`
                                   John 14:1-5

Compassion.  I have just learnt today that it comes from two Latin words that mean `to suffer with`. Jesus showed compassion in the deepest sense when he voluntarily came to earth and took on pain.
He suffered with us, and for us.

So was and is this the passion of Christ. Jesus my compassionate companion help me to join with your company of saints. Let me say with my whole heart that I am in this world and yet not of it. Bless me with your loving  Holy Spirit that I may do your will here on earth, which is to love others, yes I know that includes egocentric selfish twats.
Your brain injured, yet still resilient    
brother, Peter.


Ps
`He was despised and rejected
  by men, a man of sorrows,
  and familiar with suffering.`
                                 Isaiah 53:3     (note; this was the old testament foretelling his coming.)


No comments: