Sunday 1 April 2012

Me and my shadow bereft without `The Buster`





Peace and love to all. It is nearly three thirty in the morning. My two sons are asleep in this apartment. There mother is I should think asleep with their step dad, some two miles away. I have just shed a tear or two thinking of Buster, who is in the picture above and I had to give up to a German shepherd rescue centre after he bit a jogger. I awoke to go and use the bathroom and still not being quite with it, thought I   must watch my step in the hall in case I step on Buster. There are some more tears now as I know that he is shut up in a kennel and will be missing me. Though he is probably asleep right now!

Well my brothers and sisters, I am trusting that The Buster will go on and have a wonderful life. Perhaps being picked up to be trained as a police dog for the Olympics. Whatever happens to him I must trust that it is for the best. If I had kept him the police said he always needed to be muzzled in public and on a lead! My two sons found it hard for us to give him up, but I had to take into account what were Busters best long term interests.    There you go. I have just drawn a line under that. Lets move on.






                                    The Natural Order of Things


When the master died, Chin Shih came to the funeral, looked around
and shouted three times. One of the other disciples said, "I thought you
were a friend of the master."

"Yes , of course I am," replied Chin Shih.

"Well, do you think it proper to behave this way?" asked
the disciple.

"Yes," said Chin Shih. "When I first walked into the room I thought that the master`s spirit was still here. Now I see that it is not. I came prepared to mourn but, upon seeing everyone here wailing at the top of their lungs, I realised that this was all wrong. This is ignoring the natural course of things.

"The master came because it was his time. When it was time for him to leave, he left. If we ourselves are also content to follow the natural flow there would be no room for grief. This is truly freedom from bondage. When the wood burns the wood itself is consumed, to where it goes we cannot say."
                                                                                                              CHUANG TZU


The Tao is hidden by partial
  understanding.


The true meaning of words is
  hidden by flowery rhetoric.
                                   CHUANG TZU


My brothers and sisters. Just as the master Lao Tan said "The Tao that can be described is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be spoken is not the eternal name." I see my use of the words, Holy Spirit as being all I am able to use in an insufficient way to describe the limitless or indescribable.
Can we think perhaps of The Tao and The Holy Spirit as being One.

We are all one

I recognise that in those who don't.

4.24am and I am going to study a little bit more Tao and then go back to bed. Have a good day you all.
Your brother Peter.



No comments: