Saturday 7 April 2012

Saturday morning and I will be helping to clean the church.

So today, for this morning at least, my place will be All Saints church and the cleaning of.

The thing is though, that I am aware that although I am going to help in the cleaning of the building, that is only doing part of the job. The real church is the people and so I had better work on that with prayer for myself and the other members. Today I am already in a bit of spiritual debit, but it is early and I have good hope to turn it around.

Those who know that
they have enough
are wealthy.

Those who hold
there place have
great power.

Those who do not
lose their place will
endure.

To die but not to
perish is to be
eternally present.
              
                        Lao  Tzu

Direct experience of the Tao

The student came to the master and said, "Please help me to
quiet my mind." The master answered. "Bring me your mind
and I promise I will help you." The student stood there for a
moment and then said, "But Master, I cannot seem to find it."
"Ah," replied the master, "then I already quieted it."


Peace and stillness be with you today.





More later, God willing.


No comments: