Friday 11 November 2011

Fish of Friday; More from Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu and me

Good day to you, my brothers and sisters.
The pebble that I am holding in the picture may appear to some as having a line encircle it. Yet though we cannot know for sure without breaking it, I believe that the light material is a layer which divides the stone into two seperate halfs. Yet it is still one stone!
Instructions for life
from the Dalia Lama
Take into account that great love and great acheivements involve risk.
When you lose, don`t lose the lesson.
Follow the threeR`s
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
Don`t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
When you realize you`ve mede a mistake, take immediete steps to correct it.
Spend some time alone every day.
Open your arms to change, but dont let go of your values.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you`ll enjoy every second.
Be gentle with the earth.
Once a year, go somplace you`ve nevir been before.
Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exeeds your
need for each other.
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
************************************************
The mirror is me
Yesterday I went and spent an hour and a half with Kate, my forensic art therapist.
I continued working on a mirror, which I had started the previous session. Scapping abay at portions of the backing to reveal areasa where it would no longer reflect, but can be seen though.
So after a time, having spent,last session and this well over an hour scrapping away, the mirror broke in two peices. I didnt instantly feel dissapointed. No, I stood back and looked at the shape of the two broken peices, which had come from a straight edged rectangle. Then rearranged them, turning them this way and that , untill settling finally on a new position for them, more plesing to my eye. So the accidental breaking of the mirror had led to a new possibility, more dynamic than before!
If I dont bow down to others perception of my brain damage making me less of a person and also self depreciation, then I am able to cry and fly on. Yes..
***************************************
Have a great day and know that you are loved. Your Bro Peter

No comments: