Tuesday 1 November 2011

Me at the top in the Tate & my work on its side beneath!

Good day to you my brothers & sisters.
Its early and not much time before I go and take my mother to church for our Thursday morning Eucharist service.
I wasnt able to turn my painting below the right way up, but most of us can turn our heads to the side.
Now for some more from
Desmond Tutu
God only has us.
Dear child of God, do you realize that God needs you. Do you realize that you are God`s partner? When there is someone hungry, God wants to perform the miracle of feeding that person. But it won`t any longer be through mana falling from heaven. Normally, more usually, God can do nothing until we provide God with the means, the bread and the fish, to feed the hungry. When a person is naked, God wants to perform the miracle of clothing that person, but it wont be with a Carducci suit or Calvin Klein outfit floating from heaven. No, it will be because you and I, all of us, have agreed to be God`s fellow workers, providing God with the raw material for performing miracles.
There is a church in Rome with a statue of a Christ without arms. When you ask why, you are told that it shows how God relies on us, His human partners, to do His work for Him. Without us, God has no eyes; without us, God has no ears; without us, God has no arms. God waits upon us, and relies on us.
Our divine-human partnership is recounted throughout the Bible, and especially in the books of the Prophets. God uttered the words to Jeremiah: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." We might say today that God didn't know much about human biology, but what God wanted Jeremiah to know was that it was not as if he had said, "Wow, these Israelites are in a real pickle. What am I going to do about it? Ah , I know what I will do-I will appoint Jeremiah as prophet." No, God was declaring to Jeremiah that long before he was an idea in his father`s or mother`s head, God knew him. He was no divine afterthought. He was part of the divine plan from all eternity. He was no accident. None of us is a divine afterthought. I sometimes say that some of
us might look like accidents, but no one is an accident. God has chosen us from all eternity to be an indispensable part of His divine plan.
********************************************************************
Well then, what about all that? It all sounded good to me and so thanks brother Desmond. No I am going to trundle off to Tesco supermarket, to get some vitals in.
May get to do an evening post, only God knows, and may be my subconcious mind!
Go in peace my brothers and sisters.

No comments: