Tuesday 29 November 2011

Today I realized that my inabilities give me compassion for others.

When we acknowledge our differances and maybe even at times celebrate them, then we will be able to forgive others for not being how we would like them to be.
I got my German Shepard as an adolescent dog and he was untrained to say the least. Infact he was almost totally untrained. I love him and he loves me and we are a good team. He is fine with my sons and others in my family.
The problem is he will go for some other dogs and people. In a little while he will be going out for his third exercise of the day and will be enclosed in the tennis courts. His first run was over the park off the lead at about 3.30 am. No dogs or people were encountered.
Ive got what I think are some great pictures of the work from my last two sessions with Kate the art therapist. I would like someone with good organisational skills to raise funding for art therapists to be trained and payed in the third world. Having visited an orphanage near Cagayan De Oro city, where I lived for six years, I understand thay are thankful to be able to eat and not live on the street. The street children is a whole other issue. All these children have so much potential and yet for most it will never be realized.
Im going to have a look at www.dea.org and see what they do. If all I can do to help is pray, then that will be better than nothing.
I will finish this blog with an exert from God has a dream by Desmond Tutu;
Many people ask me what I have learned from all of the experiences in my life, and I say unhesitatingly: People are wonderful. It is true. People really are wonderful. This does not mean that people cannot be awful and do real evil. They can. Yet as you begin to see with the ewes of God, you start to realize that peoples anger and hated and cruelty come from their own pain and suffering. As we begin to see their words and behavior as simply the acting out of their suffering, we canhave compassion for them. We no longer feel attacked by them, and we can begin to see the light of God shining in them. And when we begin to look for the light of God in people, and incredible thing happens. We find it more and more in people - all people.
Jesus reminds his disciples that they cannot stay basking in the glory of God on the mountaintop. They must go down into the valley of human need. And so must we. But as we work to feed the hungry, we must also remember to draw our own sustemamcde from our glimpses of God. In all the activity that is required of us as God`s partners, there must also be stillness, for in this stillness we can hear God`s voice in our lives and the will of God working in our world.
Okay I am about to go, but I just want to say that my spell check isnt working. Saying that, it wouldnt pick up on spell `cheque` as being wrong!
Peace and love to you and all living things. From your brother, Peter.

No comments: