Saturday 12 November 2011

What we can have in common. Land. Language. Love.

Good day my brother and sisters.
Outside the sun is trying desperately to shine through the grey clouds. So as I sometimes do I shall share little from me on this blog and more which resonates with me , but comes from our brother Desmond Tutu;
When you go to heaven, you will say to me, should I be there, too, "Gee whiz, man, I didn`t know you were so beautiful." You will see the divine light that shines through me, and not just this guy with a large nose (he is surely talking about me and my nose! who knows) . All the people you thought were just mere flesh-and-blood humans, with all their physical flaws, will be revealed to you as filled with divine light. We are meant to be godlike; that is why we were created in the image of God. But we really don`t know what God is like except we get glimpses. When someone is wonderfully generous or compassionate, we do sometimes stand in awe of that person, and that gives us a glimpse of the glory that is God. And if we had the eyes to see, we would look at one another and see the beauty of God, and we would treat each other with appropriate reverence and awe.
**********************************************************
A long time ago, I said and wrote down somewhere; "If I can see God in you and you can see God in me, how can we fail not to love each other."
So whether its from the archbishop Tutu or the artist PGKimble, any of us can see the light shining and revealing the truth. I did just go and put recargable batteries in the camera to get a shot though the window now the the sun is rising in its glory. Alas there wasnt enough power in them!
Okay, I am off now to cycle up to Stopsley to cycle back with Joshua, my eldest son who is twelve.
Have a good day, remembering if you can to still your minds of thoughts for a brief time. What are you feeling. Can you be that still as to feel the love of God which is in all creation!
Peace and love from your brother Peter.

No comments: