Thursday 13 December 2012

Afternoon, well after two pm and have time to blog.

Good day to you and greetings from this part of our world, on a cold day.

I have just got back after taking mother to church this morning.  Then to the supermarket and back to her sheltered housing. To give her a bit of company, as she does like it when one of her children can sit with her to watch one of the programs which she likes. She thinks that I do like to watch it and this is fine. Though I never watch day time television here on the internet. Still, her youngest boy is coming back with his family from Australia to live here and so she will get to spend some time with two grandchildren whom she hasnt had a lot of time with.

So now my brothers and sisters I can - now I am back here in the hermitage, share the painting which was created yesterday and I am content with in a few ways. Firstly, when an artist produces a music album, film or a book, they are often seen in sections and yet many an audience view a painting as one whole experience.
Try to suspend this habit for my latest work. Actually you cannot but do this, as the whole painting will not be on today's blog!
When I visit a gallery and see an artwork, I have to on occasion - with a work which arrests my attention - get up close and look for minutes at each section which holds my interest. Then I will step back and look at the work overall. Sometimes stepping back a yard at a time until at the far end of the gallery.  So today I will put three or four sections which I picture as having interest enough in their own right for me. Now you can judge how
they provoke your thoughts or emotions. 






Well, there are so many to choose from for this blog. Without you getting an idea what the whole picture looks like, that we are looking at five different views today!
This work, which you will have to bare with me. (I do hope that is the right way to spell the word which means `go along with` as its too cold to be sitting here alone in my skin. Summertime, there's nothing which makes me feel more freedom when on my own, than being naked as the day I was born.This has given me a thought. I may go out of this world in a coffin naked! If things are arranged as are a lot of funerals in the Philippines, ie an open coffin, then I shall have a stable door version with just the top half open to view. My trust would be in whoever laid me in it to get me in the right way. This is all of course if, a] I do die and b] I havent changed my mind. This is possible, as another idea I do have is to be embalmed and become a work of art. Maybe secured standing on my hands in the rafters of a gallery!) is one of a number I can count on one hand, which I am well pleased to say the least. I would say to appreciate it fully you must come round and see it for real, but that will be too long journey for nearly everyone. Though I think I know one person who will drive two hundred miles soon to come here and get to see it!
After all this convoluted writing, I believe I owe you some more images today, for your patience.





  


            I DON`T THINK OF
ALL THE MISERY
BUT OF THE BEAUTY
THAT STILL REMAINS.

ANN FRANK
(1929-1945)

Fair well my brothers and sisters. Know that I pray for all of us who come together in a way, or on our way, at this blog to grow together in love and fortitude.  Hmm. Is fortitude an attitude? I address this for any of you who are wordsmiths to ponder.

Ta ta for now and know that you are so loved.
Your brother, Peter.

No comments: