Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas eve. Its my birthday tomorrow and a day millions will celebrate.

Good day to you. I know that tomorrow only a minority of those who are celebrating will be wishing me a happy birthday. Also, for me at fifty it didnt seem special and it wont tomorrow. I ought to clarify that. Being an anniversary of  the day I was born will not have special significance to me personally. I wouldnt have minded knowing the actual day of my conception into this world! It just struck me how happier I am to have been born on Dec 25th than say, Sept 11th!  Is this though not anything more than an idle pondering? 
Could be more!

 Once again, I must if to do justice to the art you are going to see represented here - O YES (note to self) I MUST TAKE MY CAMERA WITH ME EVERYWHERE I GO (Not literally everywhere. That would be odd; just off to the bathroom and toilet, anyone seen the camera!) - inform you that what you see on todays blog is not approaching how much better it is in reality. 
Of course for some who wandered to my website by chance, or accident, you may think its dreadful, as it is. That of course is okay with me, as freedom of thought is in my book the way to go.
I would be a tad concerned if some saw it and decided they hated it, hated me and wanted to destroy my art and me. 
Even that though would be better than people just registering nothing in their consciousness! That would mean my art had no impact. 
I haven't though been producing art with the intention of having great, or even little impact. It has just been what it is and I do it while I feel I aught to.
Still it is cool if it is no more than something which I enjoy doing and am happy with what is created!































So this is my art for today, which I am well happy with. I am both glad to have been able to of done and also to share with you. Glad to for those whom like it, or even if it inspires anyone to do something they believe is better. 

I suppose that I am a point in my life where all the falseness of Christmas, or Yuletide or the holiday season, is just wearing a bit thin. My thoughts came to rest a short while on the following few sentences, from the Bible.

 I hate and despise your feasts,
 I take no pleasure in your solemn festivals.
 When you offer me holocausts,
 I reject your oblations,
 Let me have no more of the din of your chanting,
 no more of your strumming on harps.
 But let justice flow like water,
 and integrity like an unfailing stream. (Amos c. 5)

Let me ask you to think about what tomorrow means for you and what it appears to be for many.
Is is about The Almighty God and creator of the universe and all contained; humbling Himself to come down and be born in an outhouse and to grow up to be tortured to death so as to save our immortal souls. Or is it about parties and selling/consuming plenty? Easter has to be the important time of the year for me to celebrate. 
At the birth, there were to my mind a couple of Zoroastrian priests or so. 
I must get my game face on for tomorrow and I do thank God that I dont drink, or else I could let something slip! If it wasn't pouring down with rain, then I would go down the town right now and buy an outlandishly garish party hat. Maybe I can make one. I shall look around and see what materials there are. Or I could always dress smartly and wear the fez, what do you think?


       Maybe my mum and sons just would not like that? I will just wear the smile! I am starting to look like a mature person. I like it. No wonder people are getting more polite with me. Strangers that is. Once people get to know me they sometimes feel free to swear at me. Actually strangers have been know to do that. My late wife Tracy used to say, "There is no such thing as a stranger, just friends that havent been introduced."
In traffic I would often be tempted to use an `F` word followed by a two letter word (Forgive me) but didnt, in case it bought abuse. When we drove about, often we had Nestar our bullmastiff dog sitting in the back seat and she was our deterrent to rude people. 
Here is a prayer I will pray today and also tomorrow if I remember.

Lord, keep me from making the mistakes I am most prone to when temptation comes. I confess that what I think is necessary, smart, or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping on sin. So please, keep evil far from me and my sons. Tomorrow and the rest of this year.

So my brothers and sisters. I hope that you all get some time to feel joyful over the next couple of days. Blessings love and peace to you all. Your bro Peter.  

No comments: