Saturday 6 August 2011

IS THE WAR OVER?

In 1945 some Japenese soldiers in a jungle somewhere hadnt been informed that the war was over. So until some time later someone informed them, there continued to believe they were at war. Now, I dont know about you, but I am sometimes my worst enemy. I want to call a truce with myself. I declare peace with myself and the whole world. I accept my vunerability and that of others.
.............................................


Gods got to exist otherwise Im raging against nothing. If I gently weep will he feel my tears?

...............................................

Wayfarers
Wayfarers are the change agents of of sociaty. Wayfarers are the ones who know first. Who sense earliest the disturbance in the fabric of human affairs - the trends, the coming ground swells, the revolutions that are afoot.

................................................

At times If something isnt working properly we have to dismantle it in the workshop, replace a broken part, or identify a missing one, Then replace, or fix it. Then again like my brain injury, we often have to accept this cant be done, yet admit we have to do our best.
One of my sons and Buster are with me today and although I am only sharing this with you. Last night and today so far has been one long dark night of the soul. Strange how we can be multi faceted and one could describe me as a bit of a rough diamond. Not polished yet many can see the light to some extent though me. Can they see the heaviness I feel on those odd days which are troubled by pain, sadness and fear?
I'm not trying to bring anyone down. Contrary, I am trying through writing this, to lift myself out of a dark cloud, as I want to be a ray of sunshine where I go today.
I am practicing a serene smile, which I shall go and test on my son. (after checking in the mirror that I have the right one!) Yep, do you remember Stevie Smith, saying , `Not waving, but drowning`? I don't know if I mentioned that some years ago,in the Philippines in the night I went swimming away from the sea shore not knowing if I`d make it back. After I was two to three miles out it occurred to me that my sons life might not become better if I kept swimming out to sea. It can be cathartic when one feels lost and out at sea, to actually swim a mile or two out. I can tell you and especially in the dark, it crossed my mind,what if on swimming back I get cramps and drown. That can bring one the feeling of passion for life gain!
My son is doing a good copy of a Banksy, where a teddy bear is throwing a petrol bomb. I shall leave you all to spend some time attending to him. Peace and blessings to you. Peter

No comments: