Monday 29 August 2011

Went to Greenbelt Cristian music festival this Bank holiday.

Peace and love to everyone reading this.
I reacharged my spiritual batteries. Although I had a good time, being with family, enjoying the music and doing some performance art, it is good to be back and to have a rest. Walking on those stilts can be exausting.
There may have been some dark clouds and there was certainly some rain, but what love and joy there was also. If I have one reservation it was that I didnt do much praying for all those less fortunate than us in the world. Those who let alone, cannot get computer access, they cant get access to their own land. Well I have prayed for them now. Better late than never its said.
Well, the Buster has been in the kennels for a few days, so I expect he will be excited to see me and my sister Vivienne when we pick him up in the morning. Lets hope that he hasnt lost too much weight.
These were the only animals I took photos of at Greenbelt. Although my sons an d I took part in an animation workshop and their was a monster created in our little piece. I wont say peace, as my boys had the monsters limbs chopped off. We look forward to it appearing on you tube.
LIVING WITH LOVE
Opening the heart to love is the central mystic teaching. This is something we can experience in every moment of our lives. Most people have experienced the unifying power of love. Lovers lose themselves in their love for one another. The boundaries of the separate self are dissolved and we enter the bliss of union. Socrates, relating the teachings of his mentor the prophetess Diotima, says that such love of another person is a pathway into Love itself, which can lead from the particular to the universal, from loving one person to Love for all.
Personal love is for an object of desire, or a person we love, or wish to be with. It`s conditional love. When the person or thing fails to fulfil our expectations we no longer longer feel the love. To expand beyond limited personal love and experience the all-embracing love of God, mystics advise to cultivate a compassion for everyone and everything - to love for no reason and for no reward. Love is the universal force of attraction, which, like gravity, pulls all things together as one. If we can transcend our sense of separateness, we will expand beyond personal love to an unconditional compassion - becoming the One loving the All. Shri Nisargadatta says:
Life is love and love is life. What keeps the body together but love?
What is desire but love of self? What is fear but the urge to protect?
What is knowledge but the love of Truth? The means and forms may
be wrong, but the motive behind is always love - love of the `me` and
`mine`. The me and the mine may be small, or may explode and embrace
the universe, but love remains.
When our `me` and `mine` explode and we become the universe, the mystics teach, we will love all things as a part of our self. Love is both the road to this transcendece and the destination. Only when we love all will we know the One. Only when we know the One will we be all love.
This brings me to the question, either one of my sons or I came up with. " Whats the answer to the question that doesnt exist?" The answer we came up with was Love!
This is all for now as one of my sisters has arrived and I will spend what little of the evening is left in her company.
Peace and soham to you all. Your brother Peter.

No comments: