Sunday 7 August 2011

Sunday And first or thirst, quote for the day.

Good day to all.
Took my son to bee keeping this morning, but it was rained off. So leastways the thirsty ground has been sated.
The Universe is in each
person in such a way
that each person is in it;
and so every person in
the Universe is the
Universe
Cardinal
Nicholas of
Cusa
Gregory of Nyssa, said that every concept grasped by the mind becomes on obsticle in the quest to those who search.
The fourth century mystic Evagrius Pontus taught his monks to put aside all images and ideas, and `approach the Immaterial in an immaterial manner`. Prayer means the shedding of thought,` he explains.
Sometimes that is my approach to a painting. I still the mind and look at the canvas , then pick up a brush. Dip it in paint, then in any number of ways get the paint onto the canvas. Not that I always use a brush. Sometimes the paint gets to canvas directly from its bottle. Sometimes I use my fingers. I try not to think when painting in this manner and just am; spontainious!
Maybe when Im not thinking how I want to do a painting and empty my mind of thoughts, God can take over!
Okay I am leaving you now with my love and peace for all beings. Your brother Peter

No comments: