Tuesday 10 January 2012

Been looking at Picasso`s Monkey and her Baby 1951

Good day to you all. Picasso was such a prolific artist. Its estimated that he produced over 50,000 artworks.

Massacre in Korea is a very strong piece which I hadn't seen before today. I do recommend that you look at it.

When I saw for the first time today his bronze sculpture, Monkey and her Baby, 1951 I thought that the face looked more like that of a baboon. It was only when I read about this piece that I saw the head as it was origonally, a toy car shape.

I should say along with Pablo Piccaso that we dont have to understand art. For me its is not about understanding the stars at night, or the sight and sound of a babbling brook, its taking it into ones wonder.

Following are some of Pablo`s sayings that struck a chord with me.


Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.

Its not what an artist does that counts. But what he his.

Art is not made to decorate rooms. It is an offensive weapon in the defense against the enemy.

Painting isn`t an aesthetic operation; its a form of magic designed as mediator between this strange hostile world and us.

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.

Have a good day my brothers and sisters.

Peter

No comments: