Sunday 29 January 2012

Good day brothers and sisters and lets spread good about.

Firstly I should like to wish people well and pray that we all have a good and productive week.
Secondly, although the blog may say its Sunday, thats beyond my control and I think that it could well be monday morning at 7.30 am!
Secondly, as a bit of light fun, look up `FastLane-The Slide` on youtube. It shows that even adults can let themselves go and have some fun!

I am in no position to judge a great man such as Epicurus was in Greek Literature more than two hundred years before Christ was born. I would have to agree with him saying that `Nothing satisfies him for whom enough is too little.`  Also he said that if God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are for ever praying for evil against one another.
I dont know if that is an accurate translation from the greek. Because surely an all knowing, all seeing God, does listen to the prayers of men. Should Epicurus have said, If God granted the prayers of all men?
Epicurus denies that a pleasurable life is possible unless lived with virtue. He denies that fortune has power over the wise. He prefers plain food to a rich excess. He denies that there can be any time when the wise man is not blessed.
 I Peter Kimble am obliged to go along with this wholeheartedly and agree that, that which is blessed and eternal may neither extend trouble to others, and thus can feel neither anger nor favour, since everything like that is a weakness. We can suffer and be more glad to suffer in place of another, yet for this a person must be endowed with strength which they will not find from within alone.
 I wrote this blog not for money, but for you; for we are enough of an audience for each other.
That which is finite - as is todays blog - has an end. That which has an end can be perceived from (a point) external to itself.
  But that which is everything (i.e., the universe) cannot be perceived from (a point) external to itself. Therefore, since that which is everything has no end, (the universe) must necessarily be infinite. Now my brothers and sisters, if we can believe that joyful poverty is an honourable thing, this does not been we shall starve, or we shall have full bellys; it will mean that our only concern will be to love others more than ourselves. Now I am getting that. Yes sometime I lose it, especially when I sleep at night and awake with thoughts for my self. More and more, like today I get up and think of others and so saying I must go and take Buster for a good run. Blessings be upon the few who read this and also the multitudes who dont. Know that I love you and wish you all a good day. Your brother Peter    

No comments: