Wednesday 18 January 2012

Hi, its Thursday its 6.50am and Buster has been over the park. Time to blog.



Good day. I have just sneezed which doesnt worry me at all. It may have done a few centuries ago when it was a sign of immanent death. But bless me anyway, if you will be so kind. God knows I need all the blessings I can get.  

Above is a photo of a section of a piece of art which is unfinished. It was broken, like me. Hmm, I was going to say that unlike me the pressure which broke this mirror came from within me, transferred through to tool I was using and was too much. The work became disstressed and broke. Maybe that was like me. The brake became a good thing, asa it allowed the two bits of a whole to be moved a little apart and the gap to be aknowledged and maniputated. Also it was me who decided the direction.

Is this a million miles away from me having a person toss some stones in the air and the us disscusing the meaning of how they fell in relationship to their life? No/perhaps, yes. Are they the only options?

Im sometimes getting over a hundred emails a day to my private account, from people who want me, and others to pray for them. I was going to say that some are more serious than others. `My boyfriend is looking at the other girls who are flirting with him, pray he will get me pregnant and want only me.` then `My husband is sick and cannot go to work. If I go out looking for work I may get raped by the soldiers. I need food for my children. Please pray for God to help us.` I realize that its not for me to judge. If I look into their hearts with Gods eyes I may find they are both feeling the same amount of desperation and anquish. Pain is pain.

I go and pay an art therapist, not only to help me uncover any pain and anguish, or even fear thats holding me back from having a better life, because that will be good for me. What can appear selfish is sometimes a bigger sacrifice for the good of others. My sons and also strangers will benefit from me uncovering the fears that hold me back from being a more wholesome person. As they did in the past, before my wife took her life, leaving my in sorrow with a brain injury.

Some dads may be astute and mentally able to recall from memory two hundred an fifty three clients phone numbers and what their favourite drink is, but never remember to tell their sons how much they love them and why. Okay I forget at times how though they present themselves to the world as tough little guys, they are still growing and have a fragility. I thank God. Feeling sorry for the children in the world who have been broken by war, or abandonment. So I got back to the art `peace`. A broken mirror. What would you hope to look through and see after scraping so much away. On the other hand would looking in the mirror and see so little reflected help you to let go of some aspect of negative  yourself, or selfish desire.

People only see what they are prepared to see.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

But it could have been me.

I am a contender, as are you. Infact when we come to gether/to gather/together  we will be the greatest team the universe has every known.  note. all team members must have artistic licence.

Have a great day my brothers and sisters. Its 7. 30 am , still dark, but the birds are awaking.
Your brother, Peter.   
        
Ps If you cant get an artistic licence locally contact me theartispgk@talktalk.net and I will send you details of how to purchase and the requirements. Love ya
  

No comments: