Monday 2 January 2012

January the 2nd; No pictures as my new camera says new batteries needed, even though thats what is in it!

Let me just go back a day to January the 1st

on 1 January 1745 and on almost every New Year`s Day thereafter, Dr Johnson composed a prayer for himself. He did this in the small hours, and although he was normally a speedy writer he seems to have taken two or three hours over these little prayers.

                                                        1773
JAN  1. MANE 1.33. Almighty God, by whose mercy my life has been yet prolonged to another year, grant that thy mercy may not be vain. Let not my years be multiplied to encrease my guilt, but as age advances, let me become more pure in my thoughts, more regular in my desires, & more obedient to thy laws. Let not the cares of the world distract me, nor the evils of age overwhelm me. But Continue and encrease they loving kindess towards me, and when thou shalt call me hence, receive me to everlasting happiness, for the sake of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

                                 *********************************************

THE NAMING OF JESUS
` you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins` (Matt. 1.21)

Ah! Ah! that wonderful Name! Ah! that delectable Name! This is the Name that is above all names, the Name that is highest of all, without which no man hopes for salvation. This Name is sweet and joyful, fiving veritable comfort to the heart of man. Verily the Name of Jesus is in my mind a joyous song and heavenly music in mine ear, and in my mouth a honeyed sweetness. Wherefore no wonder I love that Name which gives comfort to me in all my anguish. I cannot pray, I cannot meditate, but in sounding the Name of Jesus. I savour no joy that is not mingled with Jesus. Wheresoever I be, whresoever I sit, whatsoever I do, the thought of my saviour of the Name of Jesus never leaves my mind. I have set it in my mind, I have set it as a token upon my hear. What can he lack who desires to love the Name of Jesus unceasingly?    
                                                                Richard Rolle

Getting back to Luton and in my humble abode with Buster and Harry. Harry asked me if I wanted any bicuits. I said that they were current biscuits and as a child I didnt like currents, but as an adult I now do. Though I said I cannot break my fast on just the second day. Now Harry the little mystic that he is, replied, " Yeah, and I didnt like currents, when I was older, but I do now".

Oki dokey; I must go now so I can have some quality time tormenting my son. He just laughed at that. Just goes to show which of the two boys I have here today.

You all have a good day and know you are well loved.

Your brother Peter

No comments: