Saturday 7 January 2012

Beware the snares of the enemy, yet give thanks to your saviour.

The wicked one, on the watch, carried me off as booty as I lazily slept.
He led my mind into error; he
plundered my spirit and snatched
away
The wealth of Thy grace, this arch
robber, So raise me up, as I am fallen,
and summon me, saviour,
Thou who dost will that all men be saved.
Thou who dost will that all men be saved.

Kontakia af St. Romanos, A Prayer.

Now at last some words from me. One may ask why not before. In answer, mine cannot yet be as good as those above. My poor life has yet to amount the grace for such worth. As you see through me soldiering on each day with these blogs, there is still some hope alive in me that one day I shall be blessed enough to impart to others such that would makest them glad to have heard my name. Your servant  Peter G Kimble

No comments: