Thursday 26 January 2012

I am a watchman. I am not a walrus. I like some of the Beatles songs. I am not alone.

None of the following is by me and yet it is all by me.

Do not be surprised that you fall every day; do not give up, but stand your ground courageously. And assuredly, the angel who guards you will honour your patience.
St John of the cross.

You cannot destroy the passions on your own, but ask God, and He will destray them, if this is profitable for you.
St Anatoly of Optina.

The soul that really loves God and Christ, though it may do ten thousand righteousnesses, esteems itself as having wrought nothing, by reason of its insatiable aspiration after God. Though it should exhaust the body with fastings, with watching, its attitude towards the virues is as if it had not even begun to labour for them.
St Morcarius the Great.

                                           ****************************************

This is all for today my brothers and sisters. I took my mother to church this morning. Had to dissagree with our new young Rev Isabelle. She doesnt believe people like the Buddha will have eternal life as they didnt accept Jesus as their saviour. I respect her opinions and yet cant go along with many of them, but isnt that one of the many things which makes God so great; the diversity of His creations opinions!

simply yours, Peter.  (you wont see and so I will tell you that I now having a loving smile for you.) 

No comments: